Indiewire will provide updates of our predictions for the 86th Academy Award nominations through January 16th, 2014, when the nominations are announced.
Here's our take on the best costume design race. "12
Years a Slave," "The Great Gatsby" and "Saving Mr. Banks" are all looking very strong here. But we'll see what "American Hustle, and "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" have in store before making a total judgement.
Best costume design predictions below. Check out all predictions in all the categories here.
Strong Possibilities From What We've Seen:
1. Catherine Martin, The Great Gatsby
2. Patricia Norris, 12 Years a Slave
3. Daniel Orlandi, Saving Mr. Banks
4. Mary Zophres, Inside Llewyn Davis
5. Michael Wilkinson, American Hustle
6. Michael O'Connor, The Invisible Woman
7. Gary Jones, Oz: The Great and Powerful
Sight Unseen, Could Easily Be Major Contender:
8. Bob Buck, Ann Maskrey, Richard Taylor, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Check out all predictions in all the categories here.