Indiewire will provide updates of our predictions for the 86th Academy Award nominations through January 16th, 2014, when the nominations are announced.
Here's our take on the best production design. "The Great Gatsby," "12 Years a Slave," "Saving Mr. Banks," and "Inside Llewyn Davis" are all looking very strong here.
Best production design predictions below. Check out all predictions in all the categories here.
Strong Possibilities From What We've Seen:
1. Adam Stochausen & Alice Baker, 12 Years a Slave
2. Catherine Martin & Beverly Dunn, The Great Gatsby
3. Jess Gonchor & Susan Bode, Inside Llewyn Davis
4. Michael Corenblith & Susan Benjamin, Saving Mr. Banks
Sight Unseen, Looks Like a Good Bet:
5. Dan Hennah & Ra Vincent, The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug
Longer Shots, But All Possible:
8. K.K. Barrett & Gene Serdena, Her
9. Andy Nicholson & Rosie Goodwin, Gravity
10. Robert Stromberg & Nancy Haigh, Oz: The Great and Powerful
11. Jeff Mann & Regina Graves, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
12. Tim Galvin & Diane Lederman, Lee Daniels' The Butler
Check out all predictions in all the categories here.Sign up HERE for Indiewire's Awards Season newsletter and receive a twice-weekly email roundup of our awards stories, hand-picked by our editors from across the Indiewire Network, plus additional coverage in the final run up to the Oscars.