1. Netflix: Although the streaming company doesn't release viewership numbers for its shows and isn't officially tracked by Nielsen, Nielsen reports that 38% of Americans use Netflix, according to USA Today. Although Netflix says it has about 30 million subscribing households, Nielsen estimates that 38% of Americans "use or subscribe" to Netflix, up from 31% last year. Not surprisingly, 88% of Netflix users surveyed said they watched three or more episodes of the same show in one day. So, binge watchers, you're not alone!
2. iOS 7: If you have an iPhone, you've probably already been alerted to the news that Apple has released iOS 7. The good news is that the update -- which Apple says is the biggest one since the iPhone's debut in 2007 -- should make it easier to watch TV content on mobile devices, according to Variety.
3. Vimeo: Speaking of iOS 7, Vimeo announced Wednesday that its video sharing app has been updated for iOS 7 and will now let users upload video directly from their iOS 7 device. "We are proud that iOS 7 users can now instantly upload videos directly to Vimeo from their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, and can’t wait for our users to try it out," said Vimeo’s Nick Alt in a statement. "In addition, we're excited to be first to market with an app that allows for the instant playback of videos, even if they’re not connected to the Internet -- a feature that gives our members a taste of where we’re headed with iOS 7."
4. Hulu: It's the British invasion over at Hulu, where the streaming service will add a rich BBC content library to Hulu Plus via a non-exclusive, multi-year agreement. That means Hulu Plus subscribers will have access to "Doctor Who," "Black Adder," "Luther," and other Brit hits. Read the full story here.
5. Kickstarter Camera: A new Kickstarter campaign aims to create "the first affordable high speed video camera," known as the edgertronic, TechCrunch reports. The proposed camera will have be able to capture video at extremely high frame rates and will be smaller and more affordable than high-speed cameras on the market. See what edgertronic can do in this sample video below:
Send tech stories for filmmakers to email@example.com.