1. Video Game Scripts: It's the time of year for lists and Mashable compiled a list of the 8 best video game scripts of all time -- we tend to think of video games in terms of visuals, but these games "gave the words as much value as the visuals and mechanics. From serious to silly, these scripts helped create more exciting and immersive experiences," per Mashable. Check out their list here.
2. Dorsey to Twitter: The Walt Disney Co. has elected Jack Dorsey, chairman of Twitter Inc. and CEO of Square Inc. to its board of directors, the company announced.
"Jack Dorsey is a talented entrepreneur who has helped create groundbreaking new businesses in the social media and commerce spaces,” said Robert A. Iger, Disney's chairman and chief executive officer. "The perspective he brings to Disney and its Board is extremely valuable, given our strategic priorities, which include utilizing the latest technologies and platforms to reach more people and to enhance the relationship we have with our customers."
To commemorate his new role, Dorsey tweeted a famous quote of Walt Disney's: "I only hope we don't lose sight of one thing--that it was all started by a mouse.”
3. Top 10 Indies in iTunes: "The Way, Way Back" and "The Spectacular Now" topped the list of indies in the iTunes store this week. See the rest of the list here.
4. "Shot Reverse Shot:" To promote his latest album, "From Here to Now to You," Jack Johnson directed this stop-motion film which he made with a camera phone.
"I made the 'Shot Reverse Shot' video frame by frame while on tour in Australia and New Zealand," Johnson told Rolling Stone. "I drew pictures on a dry erase board, hotel windows, coffee tables and cups. I shot it using my phone as the camera with chairs and stacked books for the tripod. I didn't have much of an outline. I just made it up as I went, trying to parallel the lyrics the best I could."
Check out the video below:
5. Streaming Yule Log: Netflix recently released a trailer for its streaming Yule log and YouTube is touting its own Yule log offerings. "No fireplace? No problem." YouTube shared in an e-mail to subscribers, along with links to the streaming video site's best virtual fireplaces, including the Nerdist Laser Yule Log (see video below):