1. Crowdfunding for Film Festivals: Chris Holland, Operations and Marketing Director for the Atlanta Film Festival, has helped to launch the festival's first ever crowdfunding campaign. He writes about why the festival decided to use crowdfunding to raise money for the annual event and shares his tips for crowdfunding your event here.
2. Life Itself: It's not unusual these days for a film funded through crowdfunding to play at a festival, but it is unusual for a film to be accepted into Sundance while it is still in the middle of a crowdfunding campaign, as is the case with Steve James' documentary "Life Itself," based on Roger Ebert's autobiography, which is raising funds on Indiegogo and will premiere at Sundance 2014.
3. Frightpix Expands to Web: Screen Media Ventures, LLC, owner of Popcornflix, today announced that its full length feature horror channel, Frightpix, is now available on the Web at www.frightpix.com for free. Launched in mid-2013 on Xbox, Roku, Android and IOS, Frightpix has expanded to Frightpix.com so that audiences can watch full length features on the web, including the Howling series; "Black Circle Boys" with Donnie Wahlberg; "The Attic," featuring Elizabeth Moss and Catherine Mary Stewart; "Devil in the Flesh" with Rose McGowan; and Sharon Stone in "Wes Craven's Deadly Blessing." The site will feature 300 titles at launch, with plans to add 30-50 each month.
4. Digital Bolex: The Digital Bolex D16 camera past its Kickstarter funding goal back in March 2012 in no time at all, but the development process has taken time. According to NoFilmSchool, the camera is finally ready and the Digital Bolex D16 will begin shipping to Kickstarter backers this week. The site will be opening up for pre-orders starting next week. Check here for more details.
5. SXSW Digital Domain: It's not too late to submit your web series, interactive documentaries, apps, rich media projects, data
visualization and infographics and web generated content to the Digital Domain session at SXSW. You've got until Friday, so get crackin' now. Find out more details about what they're looking for and how to submit here.