1. Stan Lee: After creating iconic characters such as Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Incredible Hulk and X-Men, Stan Lee will turn himself into a character in Plotagon, a software tool that allows lets users create short animated movies directly from a written screenplay, Variety reports. Lee recently signed a deal with the Swedish company to produce four new characters for Plotagon. Variety notes that the characters are available via the Stan Lee Superhero Pack, which costs $9.99.
2. Comcast: While Netflix is open to working with cable companies to make its streaming service available on cable operators' set-top boxes, the feeling isn't mutual, at least when it comes to Comcast. In an analyst call yesterday, Neil Smith, Comcast's CEO of cable operations responded to questions about a possible relationship with Netflix. "It's not really a high priority for us. We have nothing to report on the Netflix front." Read more here.
3. Holographic 3D: Will we be seeing holographic 3D in the near future? The answer is "yes," according to V. Michael Bove Jr., a research scientist at the MIT Lab, The Hollywood Reporter reports. During a webcast hosted by the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers, Bove Jr. said we should expect holographic 3D on mobile devices in the "near future," although the timeline is longer for TV. Read the full story here.
4. Seed&Spark: Good news for students interested in crowdfunding a project. Seed&Spark is now offering student discounts. Starting today, the crowdfunding site is offering a discount service fee of 3% -- normally 5% -- to all student filmmakers (any project owner with an ".edu" e-mail address). Check out Seed&Spark.
5. Dallas Buyers Club: To celebrate the release of "Dallas Buyers Club," Focus Features has come up wit an Instagram sweepstakes. Follow @FocusFeatures on Instagram and take a photo that captures the spirit of "Dare to Live." Upload your photo to instagram with the hashtag #DareToLive. Enter for the chance to win $250 and ten Focus Features films on Blu-Ray. Find out more about the sweepstakes (and the official rules) here.