April 24, 2014 at 3:59PM
More channels on Google Chromecast, Kickstarter Film Festival, "The Killing" to return on Netflix and more tech news for filmmakers and film fans.
1. The End of Net Neutrality?: The FCC's proposal involves a plight that could potentially enable online content providers to win out over competition through preferential treatment from Internet service providers. Read more about it here.
2. "The Killing" Premiere: Netflix will be releasing the fourth and final season of "The Killing" on August 1st. Read more about it here.
3. Kickstarter Film Festival: The famed crowd-funding site is now accepting submissions for its annual film festival. Read more about it here.
4. Fandango Twitter Ticketing: Fandango has two separate pieces of news, with the first one being its acquisition of film video curator Movieclips, which will allow the site to add clips from popular films, and the second one being its use of Twitter's new "cards" feature, which will allow users to buy tickets through Twitter. Read more about it here.
5. 100-Plus Web-Video Channels: Anyone who uses Google's Chromecast TV adapter will be happy to know that over 100 channels that include shows from various networks will now be accessible, along with a guide-like interface to navigate through PlayOn. Read more about it here.