1. iTunes Trailers: Want to browse trailers, clips and featurettes for upcoming movies or find showtimes near you? iTunes has updated its movie trailers app for i0S 7 so you can now access hundreds of movie trailers (including "The Wolf of Wall Street," above), clips and featurettes in HD or SD, find showtimes near you. You can even purchase tickets directly from your iPad or iPhone.
2. Snag Hag: SnagFilms (Indiewire's parent company) is co-hosting the "Snag Hag," a social media Halloween contest with MoviePoster.com. Vote for your favorite movie "hag" for the chance to win an original poster of the 1968 George Romero zombie classic "Night of the Living Dead" and a "Night of the Living Dead" t-shirt featuring Kyra Schon Find out more about the contest and vote here.
3. Google+ Video: The plus in Google+ might easily apply to the newly added video functions. Dubbed "Auto Awesome," the new functionality will automatically edit uploaded video with effects, transitions and a soundtrack. "Auto Awesome can help bring your story to life in creative ways," according to Google's official blog.
4. Picture This: Twitter timeline looking especially cluttered this morning? Twitter has added image and video previews to the timeline in advance of the company's planned I.P.O. "So many of the great moments you share on Twitter are made even better with photos or with videos from Vine. These rich Tweets can bring your followers closer to what’s happening, and make them feel like they are right there with you. We want to make it easier for everyone to experience those moments on Twitter. That’s why starting today, timelines on Twitter will be more visual and more engaging: previews of Twitter photos and videos from Vine will be front and center in Tweets. To see more of the photo or play the video, just tap," Michael Sippey wrote on Twitter's blog.
5. Kickstarter Stats: Kickstarter has hit yet another milestone. The company announced yesterday that over 5 million people have backed a Kickstarter project. You can see the rundown on the crowdfunding site's stats here.
Got tech stories for filmmakers and film fans? E-mail story ideas, news items and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org.