By Paula Bernstein | Indiewire May 15, 2014 at 3:22PM
1. Net Neutrality: Earlier today, the FCC launched a process to establish new net
neutrality rules, sending out a proposal for public comment. Matt Mason, BitTorrent Chief Content Officer, writes about why Hollywood should defend an open Internet. Read his guest post here.
2. Storyworlds: "Every single story has the opportunity for some kind of narrative extension," writes Senior Digital Content Strategist for ITVS, Karim Ahmad, the creator and producer of "Futurestates," in his story about why filmmakers need a storyworld. Read Ahmad's story here.
3. Amazon: Amazon jumps into original children's programming with three new original series premiering this summer. Ben Travers writes about the news here.
4. "Blue Mountain State:" Now that its Kickstarter campaign officially wrapped earlier today, it's official: the third most funded film on Kickstarter -- and the highest funded non-celebrity film project is "Blue Mountain State," which has managed to raise $1.9M (surpassing its $1.5M goal) from 24,000 people, trailing behind the #1 and #2 most funded projects, "Veronica Mars" and "Wish I Was Here" by Zach Braff. Impressive!
5. Werner Herzog: Werner Herzog fans, rejoice! The Herzog collection is now available on Fandor. Check it out here.