By Paula Bernstein | Indiewire October 1, 2013 at 2:26PM
1. Netflix Stock: Netflix's stock is at an all-time high, according to Variety. Think it's related to the news that starting Tuesday, Oct. 1, Netflix will stream the final seasons of "The Office" and "30 Rock?" Nah, neither do we. Guess Wall Street is bullish on the company.
2. Tom Hanks on Reddit: Tom Hanks did a Reddit_AMA yesterday to promote his latest film, "Captain Phillips." The actor answered questions about everything from how to get a girlfriend to why we don't see "Bosom Buddies" reruns on TV. Here are the top 8 things we learned from his Reddit. But you can read the full transcript here.
3. iTunes "Directors to Watch:" The iTunes store's selection of "Directors to Watch," is part of their list of "iTunes Essentials: Independent Films." Check out the top 10 "Directors to Watch" according to iTunes. Did they miss any of your faves?
4. The Act of Killing: As we've written before, thanks to the joint efforts of Drafthouse Films, VICE, digital platform VHX, Danish film production company Final Cut for Real ApS and the filmmakers, the Joshua Oppenheimer's "The Act of Killing" has been made available for all of Indonesia to watch. Drafthouse Films said in a blog post that while downloading of the film has largely been successful, they are getting reports of "ISP blocking and possible government geo-blocking. If you are in Indonesia and are having trouble viewing www.actofkilling.com, please email email@example.com."
5. YouTube Music Video Awards: Watch out, MTV. YouTube will launch the inaugural YouTube Music Video Awards on Sunday, November 3, featuring live performances by Lady Gaga, Eminem, Arcade Fire and other artists. Director Spike Jonze will serve as the event's creative director and Jason Schwartzman will host. Vice Media and Sunset Lane are exec producers for
the YouTube Music Awards, which will be presented in New York City and will stream live. The awards show will also feature events from Seoul, South Korea; Moscow; London; and Brazil, according to a press release.