By Paula Bernstein | Indiewire December 16, 2013 at 12:59PM
1. Tips for Filmmakers on Twitter: Before jumping onto Twitter specifically for the benefit of promoting your next film (or film company), understand what your goals are. Are you there to promote your upcoming film? Are you there for other social reasons? Be specific about what your goals are. This is just the first of 10 helpful Twitter tips for filmmakers that our friends at CraftTruck shared with us. Read the full list here.
2. Top 10 Indies in iTunes: "All Is Bright," a Christmas movie on sale to rent for 99
cents, and Thomas Vinterberg's "The Hunt" topped the Top Ten List of Indies in the iTunes Store this week, while "The
Way, Way Back," "Blackfish," "Drinking Buddies" and "Stuck in Love"
continue to be popular. See the full list here.
3. Indie Games: Eric Kohn reviews "Indie Essentials: 25 Must-Play Video Games," a new exhibit at the Museum of the Moving Image in Queens, which paints a vivid picture of the video games landscape and writes about why indie games are more popular than ever. Read his story here.
4. Xbox Originals?: Microsoft could be getting into original programming for the Xbox, Variety reports. Given that Nancy Tellem, president of entertainment and digital for Microsoft, spent years as a programming executive at CBS and the CW, it's not a surprise. The first slate of shows could launch on the Xbox videogame consoles early next year, per Variety.
5. Sundance Online Film Guide: Starting to plan for Sundance 2014? Good news! The Sundance Online Film Guide is now live and features the festival film program. Check it out here.