By Paula Bernstein | Indiewire December 20, 2013 at 11:26AM
1. Vimeo's Top 10 Videos: Vimeo featured just under 1,500 videos in Staff Picks throughout 2013. In the spirit of year-end lists, they've selected their top 10 videos of the year (including one of our favorites). See Vimeo's Top 10 Videos of 2013 here.
2. NewsCorp Acquires Storyful: In an effort to accelerate their digital transformation and video strategy, News Corp has acquired Storyful, the social news agency based in Ireland, News Corp announced. "Storyful has become the village square for valuable video, using journalistic sensibility, integrity and creativity to find, authenticate and commercialise user-generated content," said Robert Thomson, Chief Executive of News Corp. "Through this acquisition, we can extend the village square across borders, languages and platforms."
3. Final Cut Pro X Update: Apple has updated Final Cut Pro X. Version 10.1 brings a number of new features, including full 4K support as well as optimized playback and rendering using dual GPUs in the new Mac Pro. See what else is new in the latest version of Final Cut Pro X here.
4. Hulu: Hulu will reach $1 billion in revenue in 2013, up from $695 million in 2012, Mike Hopkins, Hulu's CEO reported on the company's blog. Earlier this year, Hulu Plus reached 5 million subscribers. Roughly half of those subscribers are now streaming exclusively on devices.
5. Best Drama Web Series: list here.