By Paula Bernstein | Indiewire March 6, 2014 at 3:06PM
1. SXSW: SXSW kicks off tomorrow and we've highlighted a list of 5 essential film/tech events you won't want to miss.
2. Vimeo On Demand: On the eve of this year's SXSW, Vimeo has announced a $10 million investment in the online film distribution service. The investment will be used to expand the crowdfunding program, the film festival program and for acquisitions. Read more about the news here.
3. Amazon: Amazon continues to beef up its original offerings. The streaming service has greenlit another high profile piece, this time from David Gordon Green and Steven Soderbergh. Read more about the project here.
4. Netflix: Netflix has announced that "From Dusk Till Dawn: A Netflix Original Series" will be available via their streaming service soon after the show's debut on the El Rey Network on March 11. New hour-long episodes will hit Netflix in Europe and Canada within 24 hours of its U.S. broadcast, while the series will be available in Latin America every week after its March 19 premiere. Read more about the news here.
5. Nymphomaniac: Finally, the day you've all been waiting for…when you can watch the first part of Lars von Trier's "Nymphomaniac" in the comfort of your own homes. Vol. 1 is available on most VOD systems beginning today and Vol. 2 will hit on March 20.