By Indiewire | Indiewire March 5, 2014 at 4:7PM
1. Gamefly: Gamefly, the video game rental service, is now getting into the movie rental service and will go head-to-head with Netflix's discs by mail service, according to VentureBeat. But is there much of a future in DVDs by mail?
2. Netflix News: Speaking of Netflix, two new seasons of revered Canadian mockumentary series "Trailer Park Boys" will be coming our way courtesy of Netflix, via an international distribution deal with Entertainment One. All new episodes of the comedy, as well as older seasons, will be exclusively available to Netflix members in Canada, the U.S. and all other Netflix territories. Read more about the news here.
3. Roku: We wrote about how much we love Google Chromecast, the little gadget that lets you watch streaming video and listen to music on an HDTV for only $35. But now Roku has a $50 alternative which does all of the same things, with the handy addition of a remote control, Variety reports.
4. What to Watch on VOD: To help you figure out what to watch on VOD this month, we've compiled a list of the 10 best indies new to VOD this month, including "Veronica Mars" and "Nymphomaniac." Check out the full list here.
5. "Look Up!:" Want to launch a social issue doc? Director George Barnes writes about why you need an app to drive viewers to action. Read about how he self distributed his short doc and created a mobile app to go with it here.