1. Xbox Original Content: It looks like Microsoft's Xbox will be clambering into the digital content coliseum, going toe-to-toe with industry heavyweights such as Netflix and others. Microsoft's Xbox Entertainment Studios has a full slate of projects to entice advertisers, including Steven Spielberg executive produced 'Halo' series is on the table. Check out the full story here.
2. Highlights from Tribeca's Innovation Week: Technology touches and infiltrates just about every aspect of modern life. Storytelling is no different. At Tribeca's Innovation Week, there were several projects that explored and exemplified the ways in which new technology is changing filmmaking and storytelling. Check out the highlights here.
3. And the winner is... Webby Award Winners Announced: The winners of the Webby Awards were announced on Monday. The Awards were established in 1996 and commemorate excellence on the world wide web. So who won the internet this year? Click here to find out.
4. 'For No Good Reason,' A Technical Filmic Feat: Director Charlie Paul's documentary about artist Ralph Steadman, "For No Good Reason" had a highly complex technological process. As Paul puts it, the film "encompasses all formats for recording the moving image to describe the fifty-year period covered in Ralph's life." Read about the laborious but ultimately rewarding process here.
5. Top Indies in iTunes This Week: It's Monday and you know what that means. Indiewire's Box Office Report on Indie films in iTunes. Check it out!