1. POV Hackathon 5: The participating projects have been announced. The focus for POV Haackathon 5 is non-fiction. Project range in scope from an interactive documentary about the possible revival of the Karachi Circular Railroad to a documentary game produced by a charity. Learn about the projects by visiting the PBS website.
2. Halo: Showtime and XBox are "in deep negotiations" over the development of a series based on the best-selling game franchise, according to Variety. XBox Entertainment Studios is headed up by former CBS President Nancy Tellem.
3. Kevin Spacey: "Democracy, democracy. Democracy is not what these people need, hell, it's not even what they want." Sound familiar? No, it's not Francis Underwood, but it may as well be. Spacey stars as the villain in Activision's latest installment in the "Call of Duty" franchise, which will be released on November 4. Watch the trailer at Variety.
4. Awesomeness TV: They are teaming up with Vine personalties Nash Grier and Cameron Dallas for a feature film project. Although details about the movie, including the release date, have yet to be released, you can watch video selections from Grier and Dallas' Vine account on Business Insider.
5. National Film Board of Canada: They commissioned 11 filmmakers from around the world to make six-minute films inspired by a long-forgotten skateboarding documentary called "The Devil's Toy." According to Fast Company, the films can be viewed on an interactive site that is navigable via city or theme.