1. Twitter Gets Trendrr: Twitter has acquired Trendrr, the company which tracks TV engagement across social platforms. "Curatorr, Trendrr's Twitter certified product, will work with media companies, marketers, and display ecosystem partners to create compelling user experiences – continuing to pursue our initial charter of focusing on the real-time aspects of TV and media," according to Trendrr's blog.
2. BitTorrent Sync: BitTorrent Sync will be available on iOS devices through the App Store, the company announced on its blog. BitTorrent Sync is a free, unlimited, and secure way to move big files across your devices.
3. NYFF Transmedia: The Film Society of Lincoln Center announced its plans for the second edition of the New York Film Festival's transmedia programming. The three day program, which will run from September 28-30, will examine the confluence of technology, content creation, and interaction with panels, presentations, and film "experiences." Read more about it here.
4. Skype in 3D?: Skype told the BBC yesterday that it has been working on developing 3D video calls, but it could take years before the idea becomes a reality.
5. Doc Club: IFC's SundanceNOW will present "Fix This Planet," seven documentaries which tackle environmental issues, in its September Doc Club. For more information, check out the full lineup here.
For tech news related to filmmakers, send tips to email@example.com