With the rise of found footage and the so-called "mumblegore" movement, it's a crowded field for up-and-coming horror filmmakers, but ScreenCraft hopes to give a few aspiring writers a chance. In a partnership with ShockTillYouDrop.com, ScreenCraft has announced the jury of the second annual ScreamCraft Horror Screenplay Contest, which opens for entries today.
This year's jury consists of:
- Ryan Turek, founder and editor of ShockTillYouDrop.com
- Scott Henderson, agent at Paradigm Talent, represents James Wan and Leigh Wannell
- Andrew Wilson, manager at Zero Gravity, represents Clive Barker
- Amotz Zachai, manager at Echo Lake Management, represents John Carpenter
- Jessica Hill, Senior Vice President at Blumhouse Productions, the company behind the "Insidious," "Paranormal Activity," "The Purge," and "Sinister" franchises
- Lucy Mukerjee, Vice President of Production and Development at After Dark Films
The contest awards a cash prize of $2,000 (doubled from last year) and a one-on-one phone consultation with Scott Derrickson, writer-director of "The Exorcism of Emily Rose," "Sinister," and the upcoming "Deliver Us from Evil." Last year's winner was Lichelli Lazar-Lea's screenplay for "Vera."
To enter, visit http://www.screencraft.org/horror