Celebrating 17 Years of Film.Biz.Fans.
by Justin Krajeski
November 27, 2012 12:50 PM
0 Comments
  • |

'Being Elmo' Subject Kevin Clash Under Fire for Third Underage Sex Scandal in Two Weeks

Director Constance Marks with Kevin and Elmo. Photo courtesy of Submarine Deluxe.
Despite taking a leave of absence that eventually led to his official resignation after being accused of having a sexual relationship with an underage boy, the subject of last year's Sundance award-winning documentary "Being Elmo," Kevin Clash --  known by most of the world as the voice behind Elmo on "Sesame Street" -- is being sued by a third accuser, the New York Daily News reported Monday evening.

The newest accuser, who is now 29 years old and filed the lawsuit under the name "John Doe," says that he was 16 years old when he met Clash on a gay chat line in 2000. The accuser's lawyer, Jeff Herman, alleges they spoke for a couple of days before meeting at Clash's apartment and engaging in some "sexual contact." The lawsuit is seeking unspecified damages.
 
While a spokeswoman for Clash says that the puppeteer "believes this lawsuit has no merit," Herman says that John Doe started writing a book in 2009 detailing his experience with Kevin Clash and he will have pages from the book at a press conference Tuesday.

Watch the trailer for "Being Elmo," the documentary about Clash, below:
 

You might also like:

0 Comments