by Ramzi De Coster
October 10, 2013 12:37 PM

Charlotte Gainsbourg and Co. Show Off Their O-Faces in the New 'Nymphomaniac' Character Posters

Lars Von Trier's "Nymphomaniac" has been edging closer to its December 25 Danish release wrapped in the warm glow of controversy.

The film follows Joe (Charlotte Gainsbourg) as she contemplates her life and struggle with a self-diagnosed obsession with sex. What we know of the film has been revealed to us through shadowy teaser clips cloaked in eeriness and cast comments that make no secret of the film's unsimulated sex scenes and daring subject matter.

In the spirit of the film's attempts to be as brow-raising as possible, here's the latest promotional move in the form of 14 racy character posters showing the cast members at their most orgasmic moments. Creepy, clever or both?

• audiodramatist | January 14, 2014 2:31 AMReply

So is the Lars-man going to do a (Dogville) Manderlay-like part II -sequel- set-up kinda thing?
    (I'm talkin' mainly casting...)
    I will bet money (and I don't even gamble), that that film will up-stage this one.

• Patricia | November 24, 2013 7:58 AMReply

I love Lars Von Triers' films and can't wait to see this one, although I'm thinking it will have a limited release. What will it be rated or has one been created for films such as this? I only have one comment about the actors, and it's pretty much the standard for actors these days, it appears. Why are all the women attractive and skinny whereas not all the men are? Don't women viewers count for anything anymore? Hmmm?

• chempaddle | October 13, 2013 12:54 PMReply

This movie looks HORRIBLE. It makes a mockery of sex, which I guess is where we're at as a culture, but if you're gonna open that can of worms, better be prepared to follow it to its conclusion, to be taken seriously as art. Given Trier's track record, I'm not expecting anything particularly illuminating along those lines. Maybe something cheaply entertaining? But then I think of Charlotte Gainsbourg's breasts and even for that my hope fades.

• Gary | October 11, 2013 8:43 PMReply

LMAO at Udo Kier! (The last one)

• Shell | October 11, 2013 1:19 PMReply

Ugly -assed men? No thanks.

• jingmei | October 11, 2013 2:48 AMReply

Seems not all of them are "O" faces, and are there any the rest part of the posters.

• Russell Scott Day | October 10, 2013 11:23 PMReply

Advice to your children is that they become multinational from as young as possible modeling across borders and saving money for good schools and tutors in engineering and entertainments. If you don't want my firm in the name of so Number Zero to build you a bridge, we will give you tickets for a show with song and dance for a reasonable price these ticket. But the rocket program is a good fun for the consortium! Education of the kids costs and the school with fewer knifes and guns is preferred, Entertainment and Engineering is were I have some capabilities and engineering is what the big guys need unless until you are the big guy.

• Thandy | October 10, 2013 4:41 PMReply

Yuck.

• Kes | October 10, 2013 4:01 PMReply

smh white ppl.

• Nikka | October 11, 2013 2:26 PM

F you negro!

• shirley | October 10, 2013 6:11 PM

lmao tru

• OGF | October 10, 2013 4:20 PM

lol what's your problem?

• Ahsoka23 | October 10, 2013 2:47 PMReply

I can't wait to see this movie.