by Indiewire
July 3, 2012 11:08 AM

Decide Who Talks to the Tribeca Film Institute: Vote for June's Project of the Month!

June is now over, and it's time to choose one of our Projects of the Week to be named June's Project of the Month. The project that receives the most votes for Project of the Month will receive a consultation from our new Project of the Month partner, Tribeca Film Institute!

Voting will be open until Friday July 6 at 5 PM.

Go to the bottom of this article to vote for June's Project of the Month!

The links to more information about each project are below.

Good luck to all of the filmmakers!

"Days of Gray"

"Days of Gray" is a timeless tale set to an original score by Icelandic band Hjaltalín. A boy journeys away from his family's strange yet tradition-bound home to the far side of a forbidden boundary. There, a girl leads him through an even stranger place of distortions and mutations. It is a world naturalistic yet awry, inviting yet fearsome, epic in darkness and in hope.

Together, the boy and girl discover a world that is theirs and, in the process, who they might be.

"You Are Not Alone"

'YOU ARE NOT ALONE', at the forefront, is about a college graduate, Natalie, reconnecting with friends and family as she visits her hometown over the Fourth of July. She floats through the proceedings of the July 4th celebration her town is known for. In the background, the town is inundated with news about a dangerous sociopath who is in the midst of a spree killing and reportedly within the area. The second half of the picture is what happens when Natalie crosses paths with said killer.

The film is 100% told through her eyes.

"Der Samurai"

DER SAMURAI tells a thrilling tale of fear, seduction and loss of control. Young village policeman Jakob finds his small world unhinged and shattered as one night an ominous, nameless stranger in a woman's dress emerges from the forest and commences a wave of irrational violence on the unsuspecting town. Desperately trying to stop the mysterious offender, Jakob finds his compulsively straight and dutiful self in constant danger of being infected with his opponent's madness. There is something about the 'Samurai' that strikes a hidden chord within him, threatening to unlock his own innermost demons...

"Finding My Dad's Memories"

Due to a traumatic brain injury, my dad does not remember anything that happened in the home we lived in for over twenty years, or golfing, which he did regularly for fifty years. This film will follow my dad’s return to these places he cannot remember. What is memory? Has your memory of something ever been replaced with a photo or video? Do you remember it from the camera’s lens? This film explores the relationship of the captured image and memory.

• Bruce | July 9, 2012 8:21 AMReply

Yes to Finding My Dad's Memories.

• Derek | July 6, 2012 4:52 PMReply

I want to thank everyone who voted, regardless of the project they were affiliated with. Drumming up interest in independent projects is one of the toughest challenges we face at this level. Thank you for supporting independent cinema. Congratulations to Finding My Dad's Memories for being named Project of the Month. Your group is definitely motivated and your project sounds really wonderful.

Over the last month, You Are Not Alone has reached so many more people than I could have imagined. It is hard to compete against so many great projects, especially ones as deserving as Finding My Dad's Memories. A special thanks to Indiewire for everything they do for filmmakers and for arranging such a great incentive for this competition.

• Fred | July 6, 2012 8:11 PM

Nicely said Derek. Your work hasn't gone unnoticed, it simply does not end here. I can see your talent, clearly, a lot of people can. Well done.

• sally | July 6, 2012 4:43 PMReply

no comment

• SALLY | July 6, 2012 4:49 PM

Actually. I LOVE FARTS. so one comment.

• Ang R | July 6, 2012 3:33 PMReply

I voted for Finding My Dad's Memories. I told all of my friends on Facebook to vote for it. I have about 400 friends. Many of them told all their friends, too, and so on and so on. Mystery solved.

• Aud | July 6, 2012 4:22 PM

I think a lot of people told their facebook friends and their friends passed it on too with all four of the movies. Also, did you tell all of them personally or put it in a fb status? because your posts only reach 12% or roughly 48 of the 400. I don't think anyone cheated. And I don't think one facebook post did it other than possibly the Rangerup fanbase who gave a good a boost. Obviously, there's gonna be one winner and three losers in this poll, it's a popularity contest. What movie is actually better is unknown because no one has watched all four. It's an exciting prize. And congrats to whoever wins it.

• HAL | July 6, 2012 2:49 PMReply

Unfortunately, the individuals involved in the making of You Are Not Alone do not have a large fan base but that doesn't negate the fact that they are ridiculously creative and talented. They are tackling the thriller genre from a completely different perspective to create a picture that is unlike your typical horror film. Regardless of who comes out on top, You Are Not Alone is a film worth seeing and surely something to get excited about. Pun intended.

• Fred | July 6, 2012 3:44 PM

That's a nice, balanced comment and I am going to check it out. I have respect for all of the participants, its unfortunate that a few negative people can come in and throw acid on the whole experience like they do. I'm sure this is only the beginning for everyone involved, so no matter what happens, everyone deserves the recognition, congrats to all of you!

• Amber | July 6, 2012 2:43 PMReply

People are always going to hate. Nothing can be done about that. The O' Donnell's are an amazing family and have a huge support system. Tim is very talented and "Finding my Dad's Memories" should and will WIN. It is going to be an amazing film. I'm just going to throw it out there but usually on the 4th of July there are large gatherings & I would "assume" that there is great possibility that the word could have been spread in a short period of time. Stop the hate and just be happy for all 4 films.

• Heather | July 6, 2012 2:13 PMReply

So sad that people can be so judgemental clearly you don't know the O'Donnells or the amazing story and work that went into Finding My Dads Memories! Keep fighting Tod and Tim as always awesome work you never disappoint!!

• abby | July 6, 2012 11:02 AMReply

necessary knowledge

• Madeline | July 6, 2012 2:19 AMReply

Vote with your boner. Vote 'You Are Not Alone'.

• Sprogatory | July 6, 2012 12:28 AMReply

You Are Not Alone gave me a Movie Boner when I got the sneak peak....vote for it so you can get Movie Boners too......if you want to find your fathers memories just look in a photo album.

• Don't be rude | July 6, 2012 1:40 PM

You general level of maturity and apparent bloodthirst aren't going to be enough to sell the target audience on yet another horror film.

• Lu | July 6, 2012 7:54 AM

That is just mean.

• Madeline | July 6, 2012 2:21 AM

WHAT HE SAID

• Heather L | July 5, 2012 11:52 PMReply

Finding my Dad's Memories all the way!

• Yes! | July 6, 2012 2:00 PM

• Alea | July 5, 2012 10:40 PMReply

You said it, Jason. Whoever is promoting Finding my Dad's Memories...you guys are great at "getting the word out..." Its a bit crazy how how all of your "supporters" seem to support you in mass quantities in short periods of time.

• Really? | July 6, 2012 1:42 PM

If you're crying foul on a grassroots effort that gets behind an amazing, true, compelling story, then you're basically just throwing a tantrum.

• Heather L | July 5, 2012 11:49 PM

You guys are such babies! Honestly, calling others "cheaters" because they have an established following is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard. Jeeeeeez...

• Jason | July 5, 2012 10:47 PM

Very true.

• Jason | July 5, 2012 10:17 PMReply

Finding my dad's memory, you guys are pathetic.........keep cheating. Almost 200 votes in 5 minutes

• Jen | July 6, 2012 2:24 PM

Oh Jason *tisk tisk* fans are fans - sorry it upsets you that someone made a film that people believe in and care about...its not cheating, its compassion...try it out sometime.

• Fred | July 6, 2012 1:47 PM

It really isn't cheating, its called support. Tim worked hard to get the word out, and his friends did too. He managed to tell an amazing story well on film, and it speaks to a lot of people. That attitude will never lead to achievement Jason.

• Erin | July 6, 2012 1:32 PM

Wow...if we wana find our dads memory look in an album??!!! I have to say, whoever you are, you def dont know our story. You would never have written such a nasty comment. Our dad fell and hit his head last August and almst died. He was in a coma, and miraculously made it through. He re-learned to walk and talk, and is recovering every day. If you wana see what we had to go through, watch "No Quit", on Vimeo.com, under Tim ODonnell. Watch that buddy, then see how you feel after writing such a loser comment. Im at a loss of words. Very Dissapointing...

• Alex | July 5, 2012 11:46 PM

Don't be a sore loser. If someone already has a crazy large fan base and asks said fan base to vote for their film, how is that cheating? Go take your 'unless I win, everyone's cheating, blame everybody, hipster a$$' mentality somewhere else.

• Raul | July 5, 2012 10:02 PMReply

I voted for "you are not alone" and I would hope more people do as well!

• Brodie | July 5, 2012 9:32 PMReply

You are not alone!

• Louie bueser | July 5, 2012 7:39 PMReply

none

• Jen | July 5, 2012 5:55 PMReply

Finding My Dads Memory = AHHHMAZING.

• Vic | July 5, 2012 12:10 PMReply

The guys working on 'You Are Not Alone' are crazy creative. Their film is sure to be the best in this bunch. If you want an entertaining, smart film to win, VOTE FOR 'YOU ARE NOT ALONE!'

• Louie Bueser | July 5, 2012 8:38 AMReply

none

• Nimfa Bueser | July 5, 2012 8:37 AMReply

none

• John | July 5, 2012 12:52 AMReply

Finding My Father's Memories just jumped 150 votes in 5 minutes at midnight on July 4th. Are the cheating?!?!

• John | July 6, 2012 11:46 PM

Sorry for the accusation! Ranger Up is an incredibly followed site, and it looks like the support came in droves. Finding My Father's Memories looks like an amazing film, and I was actually really moved when I watched the short film. Great job guys and congrats on the win!

• Alex | July 5, 2012 11:48 PM

How could they be cheating? RangerUp has tens of thousands of Facebook fans, that's how they get the votes they do. Don't hate because you don't have friends, brother.

• K.S. | July 5, 2012 9:11 AM

I realize that this is hard for you to understand and accept, but when RangerUp posted the contest, the fans answered. Those fans also shared the link on their wall, and the chain was started. It is a level of support that would only come from the tight knit group of active duty and veteran military members, their families, and their supporters. The call went out that one of our own needed our support and we answered.

That, and Tim's film is better than the others. It's an honest story that at some level touches everyone's inner core.

• Nick | July 5, 2012 1:45 AM

It was just posted on RangerUp.com They have a large following.

• John | July 5, 2012 12:56 AM

Correction it is now 170 votes in the last 15 minutes. They got more votes in the last 15 minutes than the did all day. This is shady

• Hayden | July 5, 2012 12:30 AMReply

finding my father's memories

• Leslie | July 5, 2012 9:54 PM

This is not shady - this is RANGERUP!!! When they ask - RangerUp fans listen and ACT!!! Military are family and family supports their own.

• Swamp Willow | July 5, 2012 1:01 AM

No, it's not 'shady'...just word starting to get out among friends.

• Allison | July 4, 2012 5:06 PMReply

Finding my father's memories - Best of Luck Tim

• Mdaly | July 4, 2012 11:11 AMReply

Finding my fathers memories

• Nikita | July 3, 2012 8:32 PMReply

Vote for Days of Grey! It's DAre eYe Say, GREyT!

• Nikita 2.0 | July 3, 2012 8:33 PM

GREYt*

>;{)~

• Ange | July 3, 2012 1:08 PMReply

Vote for Memories!!! It's a story about recovery, hope, family and so much more