by Nigel M Smith
August 27, 2013 12:08 PM

Exclusive: Gorgeous Hand Painted Poster For TIFF Entry 'We Gotta Get Out of This Place'

"We Gotta Get Out of This Place" TIFF

First-time feature directors Simon and Zeke Hawkins will be in Toronto next month with their brutal, twisty debut "We Gotta Get Out of This Place." Indiewire has the exclusive first look at the film's gorgeous hand painted poster, made by Eisner Award winning artist Sean Phillips.

The Texas-set thriller centers on three teens (Mackenzie Davis, Jeremy Allen White and Logan Huffman) hoping to make a break for it and escape their dead-end existence in their cotton-mill town, before getting sucked into the seedy underbelly of organized crime, when one of them steals from the wrong man.

The film premieres September 7th at the festival. Check out the poster below.

• Chris Ferguson | August 29, 2013 7:40 PMReply

Yay! An illustrated movie poster and it's by Sean Phillips!

• Kevin | August 28, 2013 11:50 PMReply

The poster is nice, but alas, there's ALWAYS a gun!

• Joyce Critelli | August 28, 2013 12:25 PMReply

This film looks so cool and it's directed by the very talented Hawkins Brothers!!! Can't wait to see it at TIFF!!!

• Friar boy | August 28, 2013 11:44 AMReply

Dying to see this. Anyone have tix to premiere?

• Gator | August 27, 2013 10:20 PMReply

Great looking poster! Looks like it should be a really good film!

• George | August 27, 2013 3:37 PMReply

Wow! Well done. Reminds me of when posters were more than the back of a superhero or over photoshopped remakes of similar posters. Makes me interested in seeing the film.

• Nick | August 27, 2013 1:51 PMReply

Stunning. Going to have to change my schedule to see this at TIFF.

• Sarah | August 27, 2013 12:35 PMReply

Where can I order this!? I want one for my wall - beautiful!

• Anthony Parenti | August 27, 2013 12:20 PMReply

This is beautiful! Reminds me a lot of the classic posters from the 70's and early 80's. Excited to see this film.