by Eric Eidelstein
June 20, 2014 4:54 PM

Now You Can Watch the Unaired Emma Roberts Pilot 'Delirium' on Hulu

Fox Entertainment and WIGS, a web-channel designed to appeal to female viewers, have teamed up to air "Delirium," a pilot that was never picked up, on Hulu.

Directed by Rodrigo Garcia ("Albert Nobbs"), the "Delirium" pilot introduces us to a dystopian world where love has been made illegal. The pilot stars Emma Roberts and Daren Kagasoff ("The Secret Life of the American Teenager").

Kiliaen Van Rensselaer, FOX's head of multi-platform programming, explains the reason behind the sudden interest in the doomed project. "We have a fully-finished piece of material that's great. There wasn't room for it on the air at the time, but because it has been made, and we do believe it's a great piece of work," he said. "It made sense to allow consumers to see what was made."

In addition to this, WIGS was drawn to the project for obvious reasons: "high-quality, scripted dramas with a female lead," Garcia said.

The "Delirium" pilot will only be available on Hulu for 24 days, beginning today, June 20. Also, Fox and WIGS received special permission from The Chernin Group, which holds the rights to the program. For now, no plans have been made to continue on with the series.

You can watch the video at Hulu here.

• Lindsay | July 14, 2014 12:42 AMReply

I loved the books so much! I just cant believe the pilot was the entire first book in the trilogy. I think they should have just made a movie and added more details that the book had. Oh, and in the books I swore Hana was blonde....?!?!? Anyone else????

• Ama | July 3, 2014 2:28 PMReply

I didn't reed the books but the show GREAT!!! How can they show just ONE episode? It was such a tease. I want to see more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE reconsider...!!!!

• Lindsay | July 14, 2014 12:39 AM

That pilot episode was the entire first book in the trilogy

• PLEASE PICK UP THIS SHOW U WILL NOT BE SORRY!!! | July 1, 2014 10:39 AMReply

PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU HULU!!! Take this show under your wing and get even more money!! WHO COULD TURN DOWN SUCH A PHENOMENA!!!???? 😫😫😫😫😖😖😖😖😢😢😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😨😨😨😨😨😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

• Katie | June 27, 2014 11:17 AMReply

Why does this article blurb give no credit to Lauren Oliver?!? For those of you who have never heard of Delirium before this, it's the first book in a great series. As is usually the case, the book is even better.

• Lauren | June 27, 2014 10:11 AMReply

I really loved the books and although I'm excited about the actor selection for the characters, I don't like the changes they made and the fact that they squeezed an entire book into 50 minutes. I wish a network would pick it up and do it right.

• Chris | June 24, 2014 11:07 AMReply

I have not read the books, but this pilot was great! I hope that another network (Netflix, Hulu) picks up the show to bring it to the public

• hattha | June 23, 2014 12:23 PMReply

Is it really possible that they will not air this show? I just saw the pilot and it got me by surprise, I wanted to see the entire season straight away! Please reconsider, us fans are dying with the negation!!! Let's us love!

• Heather | June 23, 2014 12:56 AMReply

Just watched the pilot and can I say holy carp. It was great. I am really upset that no one picked it up. How can they just show one episode? It was such a tease. I want to see more. Really in love with this show. I hope Netflix or hulu picks it up. I really want to see more.

• Kelly | June 22, 2014 11:48 PMReply

I was very disappointed to hear that this was the end of the beginning. The book series, written by Lauren Oliver was great and I thought that Fox and WIGS did a great job filming everything. Someone should be smart and continue the show. I was super excited about it! Come on Nextflix, Hulu, Fox- bring back Delirium

• Pat | June 22, 2014 5:39 PMReply

my daughter is going crazy because there is not another episode???

• Mel | June 22, 2014 5:23 PMReply

Netflix needs to pick this up!!

• Kelly | June 22, 2014 3:42 PMReply

I REALLY hope someone picks up this show! It was definitely in my top 5 shows to watch! I was so bummed to find out it was just this episode!?

• Dana | June 22, 2014 10:00 AMReply

I defintely think the story line had potential, i'm sad that there is only one episode!

• bob liu | June 22, 2014 2:56 AMReply

put in on netflix like oitnb

• Hannah | June 22, 2014 1:53 AMReply

I loved it so much. I am so surprised that no one has picked it up, you would be stupid to let this go to waste it is amazing! If i owned a channel i would pick it up in a heartbeat, no doubt about it!

• Jessi | June 22, 2014 1:40 AMReply

Came across it on hulu and its soooo good!
    But seriously! They say is doomed but that its good!
    This would be an amazing show!!!!!!!!

• dar | June 21, 2014 11:09 PMReply

Loved it....want more!!!! Very good story line and actors are amazing. This is a must to give it a chance and please don't leave us hanging in suspense for long!!

• Hanna | June 21, 2014 1:49 PMReply

One word AMAZING!!!!!! I'm so upset that fox didn't pick it up! Can another channel pick it up???? Like seriously? Who is dumb enough to let a great show like this go?? I think I speak for a lot of people out there.. We want the show to continue!!! Give it a chance. :)

• Ally | June 21, 2014 1:43 PMReply

Please please please continue the series!!!!!!! It's amazing! Do it for the fans!

• Mea | June 21, 2014 10:14 AMReply

This was actually a really good pilot, personally, I drew similarites between drug laws and altered states and the fact that love itself is indeed a high and an addictive one. With our current system, anything that changes the state of mind from default setting (such as marijuanna, the least harmful mind altering substance in existence) is considered a drug, and addiction is now considered a disease. I can see how this line of thinking could be transposed onto the elated feelings of love itself. Lots of parallels as well in that they exaggerate side effects and proclaim that it makes people out of control. All states of emotional range are altered by chemical signals, and the stronger ones do indeed sometimes drive people to do horrible things. That is a part of being human though, intrinsically. This is just my interpretation, I can see a lot of others, but it's certainly applicable.

• Manny | June 21, 2014 9:35 AMReply

Came across this pilot episode by accident! So glad I did, but I am upset to find out this is and might be the only episode ever released! I enjoyed this episode! VERY DISAPPOINTED that this Maybe the only episode ever made!!! Please continue with this series!!!

• Lily | June 23, 2014 2:29 AM

READ THE BOOK if you liked the pilot! this pilot was stupid compared to the book.

• Angel | June 21, 2014 5:39 AMReply

Fox or HULU, please please please pick this up!!! I loved the Pilot and need to see more! I can't believe this is the show Fox chose not to air??? What the heck were they thinking? This is way better than several things showing now. Emma is precious in the main female lead. This show deserves its time.

• Rebekah | June 21, 2014 2:41 AMReply

I really really really loved this pilot episode! I can't believe it was unaired. :( This really stinks the show is not continuing! :'(

• Aurora | June 21, 2014 2:26 AMReply

Maybe Syfy could replace Dominion with this! I couldn't even get through 2 minutes of Dominion. Delirium held my attention.

• Missy | June 23, 2014 1:34 AM

agreed. dominion is horrible

• camjeff | June 21, 2014 1:53 AMReply

I too am bummed that FOX didn't pick up delirium. The Pilot was awesome. I have watched it like 3 times since earlier today. It is a real "attention grabber" for sure. So, hopefully HULU will get enough views on this pilot to hopefully pick the series up themselves!!

• Shannon | June 20, 2014 7:49 PMReply

So bummed this was not picked up!.....absolutely held my attention and was so looking forward to more.....not so much, we get to have more stupid reality tv. Boo.

• Lol | June 21, 2014 12:31 AM

Honey Boo Boo chiiiiiiiiild.