The 2016 Indiewire Sundance Bible: All the Reviews, Interviews and News Posted During The Festival
Members of the press attending today's Day One Press Conference at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival were given some fun time-killers for the long lines and wait times ahead of them over the next week in the form of this brainiac Sundance quiz. While industry insiders are sure to know most of the answers, you may not be as up-to-speed on Sundance as you may think. Test your knowledge on the following trivia questions, and let us know which ones tripped you up and which ones were a total breeze. The answers are posted at the bottom of the page.
1. What year was Sundance Institute founded?
2. How many people were on the staff of the 1985 Sundance Film Festival?
3. Where was Robert Redford born?
a) Santa Monica, CA
b) Waco, TX
c) Provo, UT
d) Chicago, IL
4. Which of these films has premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in previous years?
a) "Beasts of the Southern Wild"
b) "El Mariachi"
c) "Napoleon Dynamite"
d) All of the above
5. What was the first Sundance film to win an Academy Award?
a) "Cinema Paradiso"
b) "The Times of Harvey Milk"
c) "An American Dream"
d) "An Inconvenient Truth"
6. Which of the following Tony Award-winning musicals was supported by the Institute's labs?
a) "Jersey Boys"
c) "Fun Home"
d) "The Book of Mormon"
7. In which of these locations does Sundance Institute host Festivals?
a) Park City, Utah
c) Hong Kong
d) All of the above
8. Which Sundance Institute program is celebrating its 10th Anniversary in 2016?
c) Documentary Film
d) New Frontier
9. Which British artist created several pieces in Salt Lake City and Park City during the 2010 Festival?
b) James Cochran
10. An early draft of what Julia Roberts film was developed at the 1988 Sundance Institute Screenwriters Lab?
a) "Pretty Woman"
b) "My Best Friend's Wedding"
c) "Sleeping with the Enemy"
d) "Notting Hill"
11. Of the 123 feature-length films to be presented at the 2016 Sundance film Festival, how many are world premieres?
12. Which of the following is NOT on a Festival Jury this year?
a) Lena Dunham
b) Nonny de la Peńa
c) Franklin Leonard
d) Asif Kapadia
13. This will be the __ Sundance Film Festival.
14. When did John Cooper join the Festival's Programming staff?
15. Which of these actors has appeared in the most films at the Festival?
a) James Franco
b) Sam Rockwell
c) Zach Galifianakis
d) Zach Braff
16. Which of these actresses has appeared in the most films at the Festival?
a) Alia Shawkat
b) Gwyneth Paltrow
c) Tilda Swinton
d) Parker Posey
ANSWERS: 1) b; 2) c; 3) a; 4) d; 5) b; 6) c; 7) d; 8) d; 9) c; 10) a; 11) c; 12) b; 13) b; 14) a; 15) b; 16) c