By Jay A. Fernandez | Indiewire August 6, 2012 at 1:36PM
Nantucket Film Festival executive director Colin Stanfield is leaving his post at the end of August after a four-year stint running the show. The NFF board will now seek a replacement before the next edition launches in June 2013.
“After four successful years at the helm, Colin Stanfield has decided to pursue new opportunities in the industry,” said chair of the board of directors Kathleen Matthews. “The mutual parting of ways comes with deep respect for Colin's many talents. He leaves behind a profitable and highly respected film festival, now entering its 18th year.”
Stanfield, who previously was the producer of AFI/Discovery’s SilverDocs Documentary Festival, expanded the Nantucket fest’s educational programs, live-events schedule and film program during his time there.
“It’s been an honor and a privilege to be associated with such an amazing event,” said Stanfield. “The island community and the loyal festival audience welcomed me with great warmth and I look forward to maintaining these many great friendships and professional relationships as I embark on a new chapter.”