by Indiewire
July 17, 2012 10:31 AM

Project of the Day: Life, Death, Morality, Love and Loss in Siberia with 'Hybrid Vigor'

Here's your daily dose of an indie film in progress; at the end of the week, you'll have the chance to vote for your favorite.

In the meantime: Is this a movie you’d want to see? Tell us in the comments.

"Hybrid Vigor"

Tweetable Logline:

Hybrid Vigor is a feature film about life, death, violence, morality, immortality, love, and loss.

Elevator Pitch:

Hybrid Vigor is a feature film about life, death, violence, morality, immortality, love, and loss in the USSR during Soviet times and in present day Latvia. It opens on frozen Lake Baikal in Siberia during Soviet times.

Production Team:

Writer/Producer/Director/Camera/Editor: Brandon Fowler

About the Production:

"I have spent the last few years living in Latvia and developing this project. We have already shot a few scenes. Really been working hard on building up a social media presence for the film. We have over 250,000 followers on Twitter right now." -- Brandon Fowler

Current Status:

In production.

For more information and to support this project:

Be sure to check out our curated Kickstarter page for more information on projects we think you should check out.

If you have an in-the-works project and you'd like to be profiled in an upcoming iW Project of the Day column, submit yourself by filling out this form!

• Jamie Livingston | July 31, 2012 9:32 AMReply

Can't wait to see this film.

• Helena | July 22, 2012 9:37 PMReply

I love real Indie films. And we so rarely see anything from Latvia. Urge everyone to support this film, as I really want to see it!

• Cathy | July 20, 2012 11:03 PMReply

I've been following this project for a few months now and have contributed to their kickstarter campaign. Please vote for Hybrid Vigor and visit their kickstarter page. They have only 6 days left on their campaign. Please check them out. Hybrid Vigor is making indie film history!

• Daniél | July 20, 2012 10:09 AMReply

I've been following this project long before the kickstarter campaign began. Of course I've pledged what I can to see this movie made. I really hope they meet the goal.

• Craig Beachell | July 18, 2012 3:58 AMReply

I watched the trailer and read the info they sent out and liked what I saw.
    Support them I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Sheffield UK

• Yordi | July 17, 2012 6:26 PMReply

I am a backer of Hybrid Vigor on kickstarter.com , I just want to lend my support again and wish them well in reaching their goal. INDIE FILM GO OUT AND SUPPORT HYBRID VIGOR AND THEIR INDIE MOVEMENT!

• Aidan | July 17, 2012 3:42 PMReply

in a nutshell J has pretty much said all that is good about getting involved in a project like this and playing a small part in pledging to suppport the project is an awesome feeling

• J | July 17, 2012 3:09 PMReply

I so badly want to see this film done. It's not everyday a compelling trailer comes along that makes us think about film-making in general, not just the actors but the people behind the movie - their passion, their craft, their stories.

Maybe the movie touches me because of a recent loss. But maybe too, I support it for its other merits: promoting local tourism, local artists, indie film.

This is a movie that calls out to the artists in us - the film, the campaign, the supporters so far. I just wish I have enough to kick this way to funding!!!

• Doug Balmain | July 17, 2012 3:05 PMReply

Hybrid Vigor is an absolutely incredible project...please help this project out folks! I can't wait to see this movie and learn about the story it is going to tell. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hybridvigor/hybrid-vigor-a-feature-film-shot-on-location-in-la?ref=live

• Jason | July 17, 2012 2:55 PMReply

The links don't work! Please fix! Here are the correct links: https://twitter.com/HybridVigorFilm

• Gary | July 17, 2012 2:49 PMReply

The links Indiewire posted do not work. Here are the working links: