by Indiewire
December 30, 2013 1:11 PM

Project of the Day: 'My Beautiful Broken Brain'

Here's your daily dose of an indie film in progress; at the end of the week, you'll have the chance to vote for your favorite.

In the meantime: Is this a movie you’d want to see? Tell us in the comments.

"My Beautiful Broken Brain"

Tweetable Logline: Her brain is broken. Her mind is limitless. A film about a young woman's cerebral haemorrhage with outcomes no one could have predicted

Elevator Pitch: "My Beautiful Broken Brain" is about life changing in the blink of an eye and a personal voyage into the complexity, fragility and wonder of the last biological frontier, the human brain. It's something that could happen to any of us – a film born out of necessity to help a young woman make sense of having to start her life again when she was only half way through it, following a brain haemorrhage - with discoveries and outcomes that no one could have predicted.

It's a story of hope, transformation and the limitless power of the human mind.

Production Team: Producer/Director Sophie Robinson, Co-Producer/Director Lotje Sodderland, Editorial Producer Michael Houldey, Editor Jim Scott, Sound Design Nick Ryan

About the Production: "The most extraordinary thing about this film is that just 3 days after her brain haemorrhage, still in hospital, Lotje started filming herself terrified she was losing her mind and memory. Unable to speak or make sense of the world, she asked her family to contact me (having only met me once before) to ask if I would help her document her rapidly changing life. Two years later we find ourselves with hundreds of hours of footage of one of the most remarkable stories I have ever had the privilege to be part of. Now we want to share it."

Current Status: Raising funds to go into edit.

For more information and to support this project: Kickstarter Page

If you have an in-the-works project and you'd like to be profiled in an upcoming iW Project of the Day column, submit yourself by filling out this form!

• Mary Hunt | February 13, 2014 5:30 PMReply

Lotje is an amazing young woman and I'd love to see her journey to recovery in completed film form. Say Yes to the Brain!

• Columba Quigley | February 10, 2014 4:49 PMReply

Got my vote... I would SO love to see the finished product, PLEASE!!

• Helen | February 10, 2014 4:27 PMReply

Would love to see this come to a screen near me, big or small.
    An amazing story
    An amazing journey
    An amazing woman
    Consider it a vote!

• dave | February 9, 2014 4:39 AMReply

vote from me please

• Mare | February 8, 2014 11:14 PMReply

A hundred percent, YES!

• Laura Sharples | February 8, 2014 1:16 PMReply

Yes I'd like to see this, always interested in a person's recovery and self management following an illness or event as I work in health care enabling people to manage long term conditions - anything like this gives people hope!

• K roman | February 8, 2014 10:15 AMReply

Gets my vote!

• Nyk Snow | February 7, 2014 10:06 PMReply

"My Beautiful Broken Brain" definitely gets my vote. Do want!

• Chacha | February 7, 2014 4:23 PMReply

'My beautiful broken Brain " is getting my vote

• Chacha | February 7, 2014 4:18 PMReply

A very moving story : it must be realised : I am voting

• Chacha | February 7, 2014 4:16 PMReply

A very moving story : it must be realised : I am voting

• Isabelle | February 7, 2014 4:12 PMReply

I am voting for" My beautiful broken brain "!

• Aurelien Marabelle | February 7, 2014 4:11 PMReply

Very touched by the trailer : i definately want to see this film

• charlotte | February 7, 2014 4:08 PMReply

Let's see this film happen : I am voting

• Marie Anne Perault | February 7, 2014 4:06 PMReply

Please let us see this beautiful film !

• Maria | February 7, 2014 3:51 PMReply

My Beautiful Broken Brain - I want to see this film!!!!

• sandra Polcher | February 7, 2014 1:10 PMReply

My beautiful Broken Brain is a great promise, would like to see more!

• caroline | February 7, 2014 11:42 AMReply

Would love to see this!

• Alice Ralph | February 7, 2014 11:38 AMReply

Definitely want to see this. I saw Lotje speaking at Sunday Assembly and it was incredibly moving and inspiring. I will definitely be seeking this film out when it comes out.

• Easullivan | February 7, 2014 11:28 AMReply

Will look forward to seeing this on the big screen!! My Beautiful Broken Mind gets my vote!

• A D Cooper | February 7, 2014 10:37 AMReply

My beautiful broken brain gets my vote.

• Mel Packer | February 7, 2014 8:32 AMReply

I can't wait to see this film - it's definitely got my vote!

• Margaret pickering | February 7, 2014 7:28 AMReply

I vote for My Beautiful Broken Brain

• Debbie Howard | February 6, 2014 10:46 AMReply

I would love to see this film. It sounds wonderful. Challenging and powerful concept. I hope to see it on screen soon.

• Yan Elliott. | February 6, 2014 9:01 AMReply

One day i was sitting next to Lotje at work. The next day i wasn't.
    This is the story of why. Everyone should see it.

• Peddy | February 6, 2014 8:59 AMReply

Goose pimples!!! What an incredible story, I'm already moved by what I've seen so far. Please please PLEASE show us more!

• Jan & Wil Akkerman | February 6, 2014 8:45 AMReply

We vote for "My beautiful broken Brain" because it is so important to show the world what can happen to you in a split second! And even more important: to learn us how hard we must work to get our lives back. We admire Lotje and wish her lots of succes.

• Veronika Kral | February 6, 2014 7:01 AMReply

Amazing. I would really like to be part of it and see the film. Definitely my vote for this one.

• Susan Artaud | February 5, 2014 5:31 PMReply

My vote for this amazing project

• josiane Calmeille | February 5, 2014 5:28 PMReply

Fascinating project : let's see the film : get my vote

• christine Passama | February 5, 2014 5:26 PMReply

The video touched me so much : please , let the film happen : I vote

• colette Denier | February 5, 2014 5:24 PMReply

Amazing project , fascinating : i am so much in favour to see the film : i am voting

• veronique Cubaynes | February 5, 2014 5:19 PMReply

My cousin lives in England & has sent me all the details on your project : I am very much in favour to this film idea : you have my vote.

• Claudie Cooper | February 5, 2014 5:16 PMReply

I have seen the trailer of this project & having a friend who is now paralised after an anurism , I am looking forward to this film to be realised : get my vote.

• Francoise Brugidou | February 5, 2014 5:13 PMReply

I want to support this film & hope it will be realised : I am voting

• Annie Marabelle | February 5, 2014 5:03 PMReply

I am looking forward with great enthusiasm to this fabulous film : that's why I am voting

• Suzanne | February 5, 2014 12:19 PMReply

I love this film idea. Gets my vote!

• lauren skinner | February 5, 2014 11:03 AMReply

definitely gets my vote!

• Mrs Anne-Marie Robinson | February 5, 2014 10:58 AMReply

I would love this film coming to be realised as our Brain , mind, is leading our life ,is infinite in all we can / could do ,imagine , store in our subconscious : I cannot wait to see this film that's why I am voting .

• kthank | February 5, 2014 10:53 AMReply

great idea, and a fascinating subject.

• Sophie Webb | February 5, 2014 10:51 AMReply

I lost my dad's brain to strokes, he was in his 70's. I can't imagine what young Lotje and her family have had to overcome and it's important to us all to see where we can get to when we fight back. Go girls. I'm in awe.

• Arnaud Dressen | February 5, 2014 10:44 AMReply

mine too!

• Darren Jonusas | February 5, 2014 9:08 AMReply

what an amazing idea! got my vote.

• Andrew Watson | February 5, 2014 8:36 AMReply

My Beautiful Broken Brain gets my vote.

• Helen Morrell | February 5, 2014 6:21 AMReply

Beautiful trailer and I can;t wait to see the film, definitely gets my vote.

• Richard Pearson | February 5, 2014 6:10 AMReply

I feel the world can learn from this experience. A mental everest that needs climbing.

• vivian schröder | January 7, 2014 5:04 PMReply

please let us all see this beautiful film! its an inspiration!!!

• Suzie Larke | January 3, 2014 5:40 PMReply

I vote for my beautiful broken brain.
    This video really moved me!

• Ian Southall | January 3, 2014 2:10 PMReply

I've always thought the mind is more powerful than any of us comprehend and I'm fascinated by the limitless possibilities that we, as humans create via the application of simple/ complex & positive/ negative thoughts we have everyday ( and night, in the subconscious ). I would love to see this film come to fruition and if there is anything I can do to help this happen, let me know