by Alison Willmore
November 6, 2012 10:44 AM

Reelz Will Air Season Two of WWII Drama 'Bomb Girls,' With Rosie O'Donnell Set to Guest Star

'Bomb Girls' ReelzChannel
ReelzChannel, which launched as a network dedicated to programming about movies in theaters and on VOD, has been making forays into acquired scripted programming -- ones that have included the Stuart Townsend spy series "XIII" (on which Roger Avary is working). "Bomb Girls," another Canadian show, premiered on the network in September, a drama set in Toronto during World War II as a group of women work in a munitions factory, their jobs both a way to help the war effort and to get independence. The first season cast included Meg Tilly, Jodi Balfour, Ali Liebert and Charlotte Hegele.

READ MORE: Ladies, Please: 'Bomb Girls' Follows the Dramas of Women Working in a Munitions Factory During World War II

The show clearly worked out well for Reelz, as the network's re-upping to air the second season of "Bomb Girls," which at 12 episodes is twice the length of the first. The new season will premiere in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2013 and will begin just after the attack on Pearl Harbor. Per ReelzChannel CEO Stan E. Hubbard, "Based on the enthusiastic response to Bomb Girls from our viewers, we're thrilled to partner with Global TV, Muse Entertainment and Back Alley Film Productions for a second season with 12 new episodes. The second season is full of surprises, including one episode with guest star Rosie O'Donnell." O'Donnell will guest star in an episode as "Dottie."

Reelz will be reairing the first season of "Bomb Girls" in a marathon on December 30th.

• LeeAnn | January 23, 2014 9:52 AMReply

I think you all should come back and I love the show.

• pat karbouski | September 22, 2013 4:27 PMReply

I missed the complete 2nd season and wonder if you will show it again or if I can buy a DVD.

• Mary | April 7, 2013 11:31 PMReply

Hi,very happy to see that Bomb Girls is back.Yay!!!I try not to miss any episodes.They come out on Wed.p.m. in my state,so I am sitting there at least a half hour before so I won't miss it.I tell my husband "Sorry,Honey,but this is my program". He doesn't mind.

• Brenda Pearson | February 7, 2013 2:45 PMReply

Hi...I just checked out this website, as I was fortunate to have caught the
    marathon of the six shows on Reelz....LOVED IT. So I was checking in to
    see when the second season is schedulde to appear here in 2013. Please
    send me you date and air time expected for this next ongoing drama of the
    "Bomb Girls"....when women really looked like women!

• JIM SHAW, Greenville, S.C. | February 2, 2013 10:55 PMReply

I have recently stumbled upon your programs @ charter.net !! Your movies are the only
    high-class on TV.........but you are unknown. WHY? Charter Channel 116-105 was unknown, but I am delighted to discover you! Would like to watch more, but lack
    a program listing......do you have one? Looking forward to the month-long BOND presentations, but offer two
    suggestions. 1. won't it create saturation of excellent fare? 2. Why the afternoon....few
    can watch......am sure you have your reasons...........but, merely want your great success!!
    Hoping to hear from you...... JIM SHAW