by Alison Willmore
October 22, 2013 6:57 AM

Watch the Previously Unreleased Pilot for Sarah Silverman Comedy 'Susan 313'

"Susan 313" is a 2012 NBC pilot created by and starring Sarah Silverman, produced by Ron Howard and directed by Ken Kwapis ("The Office," "Big Miracle"). In it, Silverman plays a newly single woman attempting to return to her old life after the end of a decade-long relationship, with Jeff Goldblum guest starring as her ex and Tig Notaro, June Diane Raphael and Harris Wittels also making appearances.

"Susan 313" never made it to series, but Silverman's just posted the previously unseen pilot to her JASH YouTube channel -- you can watch it below. Most pilots are left to float in the ether, forever unseen, so it's always interesting when one surfaces and you get a glimpse of a show that never was, especially one that in this case tries to fit Silverman's acerbic persona into a more mainstream vehicle.

"This isn't 'can you believe they didn't pick this up!' -- this isn't that kind of posting," Silverman explains in the intro, while praising production company 20th Century Fox Television for allowing her to post the pilot online. Silverman's now starring in a new pilot for HBO -- "People in New Jersey."

• syne | October 23, 2013 6:11 PMReply

I loved the 1st episode of "Susan" Sarah Silverman out did herself again , and the network really messed up dropping this pilot

• Leon Raymond | October 23, 2013 11:39 AMReply

I loved it HBO should have snatched it up and it had way more diversity then GIRLS. Of course NBC would not get it. Diversity & NBC go together like Nuclear Missile and Bedroom!

• China Mike | October 22, 2013 8:04 PMReply

I cannot for the life of me think of anything I have seen Ms. Silverman in. Just a brain fart I guess.
    I wonder if this series could have been picked up by HBO's big competitor now, Netflix? I just saw a news blurb about Netflix yesterday (Oct. 22, 2013) that it had surpassed HBO's paid customer base, and also, Netflix is now producing its own shows, like the really intriguing "Hemlock Grove" and "House of Cards".

• John | October 22, 2013 5:16 PMReply

Let me make it easy on you... if you like SarahS it was good, if you don't it was bad.

Can you imagine if we actually let most people decide things.

• Marc | October 22, 2013 2:36 PMReply

I think it is pretty good

• JP | October 22, 2013 5:29 PM

I think her boobs are pretty good!

• Trevor | October 22, 2013 1:29 PMReply

Sarah and Tig's character talk to each other like they've been friends for years, but have actually never met before? That's some weird writing. Bad weird.

• Matthew | October 22, 2013 12:34 PMReply

3:44, all I could stomach. Thank you NBC for the courtesy flush, curse you Twentieth Century Fox.

• rick | October 22, 2013 12:20 PMReply

Nice cans - I'd hit it...hard.

• heathh | October 22, 2013 11:23 AMReply

That was just bad. Even by rat hat standards.

• Jose | October 22, 2013 11:21 AMReply

She's so funny and what a great supporting cast!!

• BeJebus | October 22, 2013 11:19 AMReply