By Indiewire | Indiewire May 13, 2014 at 5:4PM
Stay up-to-date on the latest news out of Cannes. Check the 2014 Indiewire Cannes Bible throughout the day as our team on the ground files reviews, acquisition announcements, business analysis and interviews with both established and up-and-coming talent.
- Millennium Entertainment Acquires U.S. Rights to 'God Only Knows' with Ben Barnes and Leighton Meester
- Cohen Media Group Acquires U.S. rights to 'In the Name of My Daughter,' Starring Catherine Deneuve
- Sony Pictures Classics Acquires 'Saint Laurent' Biopic at Cannes
- Sony Pictures Classics Acquires Palme d'Or Contender ‘Wild Tales’
- A24 Acquires New Atom Egoyan Thriller 'The Captive' Starring Ryan Reynolds
- A24 Acquires 'Son of a Gun,' Australian Thriller Starring Ewan McGregor
- Sundance Selects Enters 'The Blue Room'
- Open Road Films Acquires 'Nightcrawlers' Starring Jake Gyllenhaal
- Millennium Entertainment Acquires Rights to Comedy-Drama 'Reach Me,' with Kyra Sedgwick and Sylvester Stallone
- Thriller 'House of Last Things' with 'Breaking Bad's' RJ Mitte to be Distributed by Revolver
- Magnolia Acquires U.S. Distribution Rights to Tobias Lindholm's 'A War'
- Cinedigm Acquires North American Rights to Comedy Film 'The Stream'
- IFC Grabs North American Rights to 'The Salvation' Starring Mads Mikkelsen and Eva Green
- Sony Pictures Classics Continues Shopping Spree With Ken Loach's 'Jimmy's Hall'
- Shout! Picks Up 'The House of Magic' in Yet Another Studiocanal Sale
- New Company Saban Films Acquires Tommy Lee Jones' 'The Homesman'
- Cannes: Focus Features Acquires Rights to Dark Thriller 'The Forest'
- Sony Pictures Classics Acquires Cannes 2014 Palme d'Or Contender 'Leviathan'
- Why Mike Leigh's 'Mr. Turner,' Starring Timothy Spall, is a Masterful Biopic
- Nicole Kidman Is a Solid Grace Kelly In 'Grace of Monaco,' But Is It Fact Or Fiction?
- Céline Sciamma's 'Girlhood' Is One of the Best Coming of Age Movies In Years
- An Aging Stripper Finds Love In Un Certain Regard Opener 'Party Girl'
- Robert Pattinson and Guy Pearce Can't Quite Salvage David Michod's 'The Rover'
- Nuri Bilge Ceylan's 'Winter Sleep' is Three Hours-Plus and Worth the Trip
- How 'The Blue Room' Proves That Mathieu Amalric Is a True Actor-Director
- Is Tommy Lee Jones' 'The Homesman' the Strangest Movie In Competition at Cannes?
- Sex, Soul Searching & a Naked Gerard Depardieu: Abel Ferrara's DSK Drama 'Welcome to New York' is Bonkers
- 'Maps to the Stars' is David Cronenberg's Angriest Movie
- Channing Tatum Anchors Bennett Miller's Icy 'Foxcatcher,' But the Revelation is Steve Carell
- Ryan Gosling's Flashy Directorial Debut 'Lost River' Is a Dreamlike Fable — But Haven't We Seen It Before?
- 'Two Days, One Night,' Starring Marion Cotillard, Shows the Dardenne Brothers' Best Qualities
- Michel Hazanavicius' 'The Search,' Starring Berenice Bejo, Is a Remake Devoid of a Purpose
- Jean-Luc Godard's Baffling, Hilarious 'Goodbye to Language 3D' Will Mess With Your Eyes — And Your Head
- 'Footloose' In Ireland? With 'Jimmy's Hall,' Ken Loach Matches History With Entertainment
- Is Xavier Dolan's 'Mommy' His Best Film?
- Shocking Sign Language Drama and Critics Week Winner 'The Tribe' is an Unprecedented Cinematic Accomplishment
- 'Leviathan' Is a Transfixing Epic That Grows On You
- 'It Follows' Is a Teen Horror Movie Like You've Never Seen It Before
- 'Clouds of Sils Maria,' Starring Kristen Stewart, Juliette Binoche and Chloe Grace Moretz, Is an Ideal Access Point For Olivier Assayas' Work
- 'Mr. Turner' Breakout and Mike Leigh Muse Dorothy Atkinson Says 'No' to Vanity
- Atom Egoyan Defends 'The Captive' and Addresses His Many Critics: 'I have a really thick skin'
- Timothy Spall Almost Lost Himself to 'Mr. Turner' for Mike Leigh, But the Journey Was Worth It
- Family Therapy at Cannes: Why 'Party Girl' Is Unlike Anything Playing at the Festival
- Why David Michôd Took Four Years to Follow Up 'Animal Kingdom' With 'The Rover' Starring Robert Pattinson
- David Cronenberg Doesn't Give a F*ck What Everyone Thinks
- Exclusive: Gael Garcia Bernal On Cannes Jury Duty, Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater' And Which Projects He Turns Down
- Why 'Maps to the Stars' Breakout Evan Bird Is Nothing Like His Bad Boy Character
- Cannes By The Numbers: 5 Lessons Learned From This Cannes Film Festival Infographic
- How One Day Can Change Everything at the Cannes Film Festival
- Theatrical Poster for Cannes World Premiere 'The Rover' Starring Guy Pearce and Robert Pattinson
- Streaming Curator MUBI Teaming Up with Cannes to Showcase Award-Winning Shorts
- Cannes: How Many Oscar Contenders Came Out of the 5 Last Fests?
- Cannes: The 5 Films With The Most Oscar Potential (And Why)
- Cannes Mid-Festival Report: How This Year's Festival Already Delivers a Strong Message
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn Plans to Sue Over Similarities to Abel Ferrara's 'Welcome to New York'
- 'The Tribe' Wins Big at 53rd Cannes' Critics Week
- Cannes: Winners Announced in the 17th Cinéfondation Selection of Student Films
- Place Your Bets Now! Here Are the 6 Most Likely Candidates For the Palme d'Or at Cannes 2014
- Why Jane Campion and Her Jury Awarded 'Winter Sleep' the Palme d'Or
- Nicole Kidman Talks of Personal Lows and Professional Highs at 'Grace of Monaco' Press Conference in Cannes
- Cannes Jury President Jane Campion Calls Out the 'Inherent Sexism' in the Film Industry
- Cannes: Why Steve Carell Didn't Change His Approach for 'Foxcatcher,' the Darkest Project Of His Career
- Why Marion Cotillard Could Finally Win a Cannes Award
- Why Ken Loach Doesn't Want Films to Have a Big Influence on Society
- Quentin Tarantino Blasts Digital Projection at Cannes: 'It's the death of cinema.'
- Photo Gallery: Here's What Cannes is Really Like
- Watch: New Clip for Mike Leigh's J.M.W. Turner Biopic 'Mr. Turner' Starring Timothy Spall
- Watch: First Clip from Bennett Miller's 'Foxcatcher' Starring Channing Tatum and Steve Carell's Prosthetic Nose
- Watch: Exclusive Trailer for Nadav Lapid's Stormy Poetic Drama 'The Kindergarten Teacher'
- Watch: Check Out a Creepy Matt Smith in This Surreal First Teaser From Ryan Gosling's Cannes Directorial Debut 'Lost River'
- Watch: Miles Teller is Scared to Death in this Clip from Cannes Directors' Fortnight Entry 'Whiplash'
- Watch: Jean-Luc Godard Explains Why He Skipped Cannes Press Conference
- Watch: First Trailer for Olivier Assayas' Cannes Drama 'Clouds of Sils Maria,' with Juliette Binoche and Kristen Stewart
- Watch: Xavier Dolan's Palme d'Or Contender 'Mommy' Gets a Beautiful First Clip
- Watch: Exclusive Trailer for Cannes Comedy 'Love At First Fight'
PRE-FEST NEWS & ANALYSIS
- The Cannes Springboard: Here are 10 Actors to Watch Out For at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival
- Exclusive: Cannes Artistic Director Thierry Fremaux Explains Why 'The Cinema Is Alive'
- Quentin Tarantino to Help Close the 2014 Cannes Film Festival With Sergio Leone's 'A Fistful of Dollars'
- The 10 Films That Might Surprise or Shock Us at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival
- Exclusive: New Poster for Cannes Crime Comedy 'Li'l Quinquin'
- Abel Ferrara's 'Welcome to New York' To Receive Special Screening Outside of Cannes Official Selection
- Cannes Exclusive: Viggo Mortensen in Poster for Argentinian Director Lisandro Alonso's 'Jauja'
- 2014 Cannes Film Festival Reveals Classics Lineup; Sophia Loren To Be Guest of Honor
- 2014 Cannes Film Festival Adds Six New Titles, Including Films Starring Catherine Deneuve and Gael Garcia Bernal
- 2014 Cannes Film Festival Reveals Jury; Sofia Coppola, Nicolas Winding Refn and Gael Garcia Bernal Make the Cut
- Cannes Reveals 2014 Directors' Fortnight Lineup; 'Whiplash' and 'Cold in July' Make the Cut
- Cannes: Nicole Garcia Announced as Jury President for the Caméra d'Or Award
- What Stands Out From the Cannes 2014 Lineup? Here Are 5 Observations
- The 2014 Cannes Film Festival Reveals Its Festival Lineup
- Pablo Trapero Named Cannes' Un Certain Regard Jury President
- Stream 12 Past Cannes Film Festival Films for Free at SnagFilms
- Julianne Moore is Crazy Sexy in New Trailer for David Cronenberg's Cannes Entry 'Maps to the Stars'
- Watch Jake Gyllenhaal Slit Throats and Do Cocaine in This Music Video Directed by Cannes Newbie Daniel Wolfe
- Exclusive: Trailer for Cannes World Premiere 'Darker Than Midnight'
- Exclusive: Guy Pearce and Robert Pattinson in Heated Scene From Cannes Entry 'The Rover'
- Watch: Myroslav Slaboshpytsky Juxtaposes Sentiment With Violence in Moving Trailer for Cannes Entry 'The Tribe'
- Watch: First Trailer Hits for Korean Director Seong-Hun Kim's Cannes Entry 'A Hard Day'
- Watch: Trailers for Cannes 2014 Titles Including 'Maps to the Stars,' 'Foxcatcher' and 'The Rover'