Jared Leto, (Left) and Matthew McConaughey (Right) in 'Dallas Buyers Club'
Each Monday we present you with the most up-to-date list of the top
10 (indie) movies in the iTunes store, combining rentals and purchases. Fueled by Oscar buzz, in its first week on the list, Focus Features' "Dallas Buyers Club" landed in the #1 spot, while Gabriela Cowperthwaite's documentary "Blackfish" re-joins
the list in the #2 spot now that it's an iTunes "Movie of the Week" on sale for 99 cents. Other newcomers to the top 10 list are Best Foreign Language Film nominee "The Broken Circle Breakdown," "Lust for Love" and "The Art of the Steal."
The top 10 indies in iTunes are listed below (number represents North American gross, where applicable):
1. Dallas Buyers Club (Focus Features, $23,703,000)
2. Blackfish (Magnolia Pictures, $2,073,582)
3. All is Lost (Roadside Attractions, $6,249,989)
4. Enough Said (Fox Searchlight, $17,550,872)
5. Lust for Love (Gravitas Ventures, N/A)
6. The Art of the Steal (Radius-TWC, N/A)
7. The Spectacular Now (A24, $6,854,611)
8. The Broken Circle Breakdown (Tribeca Film, $146,773)
9. 12 O'Clock Boys (Oscilloscope, $57,014)
10. Afternoon Delight (The Film Arcade, $174,496)