By Paula Bernstein | Indiewire July 14, 2014 at 4:52PM
Each Monday, we present you with the most up-to-date list of the top 10 indie movies in the iTunes store, combining rentals and purchases. This week, Bong Joon-ho's "Snowpiercer" sits atop both the indie films list and the top movies list. "Snowpiercer" distributor Radius-TWC made the noteworthy decision to release the movie on VOD platforms on July 11, just two weeks after its theatrical release. Interestingly, "Snowpiercer" is not only another day-and-date title, but the first to feature iTunes Extras, including a bonus package with a featurette that’s exclusive to iTunes.
Another recent theatrical release, "They Came Together," is also faring well, landing in the #4 spot for indie films in the iTunes store.
READ MORE: As 'Snowpiercer' Hits VOD, The Industry's Divided On Distribution's Future
1. Snowpiercer (Radius-TWC, $2,635,472)
2. Bad Words (Focus Features, $7,779,614)
3. The Grand Budapest Hotel (Fox Searchlight, $58,848,866)
4. They Came Together (Lionsgate, N/A)
5. Her (Warner Bros., $25,568,251)
6. Le Week-End (Music Box Films, $2,225,098)
7. 12 Years a Slave (Fox Searchlight, $56,671,993)
8. Killer Legends (Gravitas Ventures, N/A)
9. Rage (Image Entertainment, N/A)
10. Under the Skin (A24, $2,565,639)