Each Monday we present you with the most up-to-date list of the top 10
(indie) movies in the iTunes store, combining rentals and purchases.
Fueled by Oscar buzz, in its third week on the list, Focus Features'
"Dallas Buyers Club" maintains its #1 spot, followed by "12 Years a Slave," which is new to the list. Other new additions are "Blue is the Warmest Color" and the Oscar-nominated "The Broken Circle Breakdown." "Sunlight, Jr.," which landed in the #8 spot, is on sale this week for 99 cents. Meanwhile, powered by its YouTube stars, "Camp Takota," which is being released independently, landed in the #5 spot.
The top 10 indies in iTunes are listed below (number represents North American gross, where applicable):
1. Dallas Buyers Club (Focus Features, $24,726,000)
2. 12 Years a Slave (Fox Searchlight, $49,065,000)
3. Enough Said (Fox Searchlight, $17,550,872)
4. All is Lost (Roadside Attractions, $6,260,625)
5. Camp Takota (N/A)
6. The Spectacular Now (A24, $6,854,611)
7. Someone Marry Barry (FilmBuff, N/A)
8. Sunlight Jr. (Samuel Goldwyn/NA)
9. Blue is the Warmest Color (IFC) $2,190,510
10. Spinning Plates (The Film Arcade, $112,449)