Each Monday we present you with the most up-to-date list of the top 10 (indie) movies in the iTunes store (combining rentals and purchases).
With select documentaries on sale in the iTunes store (and "Dirty Wars" a 99-cent Movie of the Week pick), it's not surprising that docs -- including new additions "Artifact," "Smash & Grab: The Story of the Pink Panthers" and "Red Obsession" -- dominated the list.
Thee top 10 indies in iTunes are listed below (number represents North American gross, where applicable):
1. Dirty Wars (IFC, $371,245)
2. Drinking Buddies (Magnolia Pictures, $343,341)
3. The Way, Way Back (Fox Searchlight, $21,502,690)
4. Blackfish (Magnolia, $2,073,582)
5. Artifact (FilmBuff, N/A)
6. Smash & Grab: The Story of the Pink Panthers (Doppelganger Releasing, $18,938)
7. The Grandmaster (The Weinstein Co., $6,594,959)
8. Stuck in Love (Millenium Entertainment, $81,071)
9. The Bling Ring (A24, $5,845,732)
10. Red Obsession (Area23a, $13,199)