Each Monday we present you with the most up-to-date list of the top 10 indie movies in the iTunes store, combining rentals and purchases.
The day after winning big at the Academy Awards, Oscar winners "Dallas Buyers Club," "12 Years a Slave," "The Great Beauty" and "20 Feet from Stardom" dominate the list. "Artifact," the documentary about Oscar winner Jared Leto's band Thirty Seconds to Stardom, also hit the list, no doubt fueled by his win last night (plus, it's an iTunes Movie of the Week).
The top 10 indies in iTunes are listed below (number represents North American gross, where applicable):
1. Dallas Buyers Club (Focus Features, $25,318,000)
2. 12 Years a Slave (Fox Searchlight, $50,260,000)
3. Artifact (FilmBuff, N/A)
4. The Great Beauty (Janus Films, $2,232,400)
5. Enough Said (Fox Searchlight, $17,550,872)
6. Blue is the Warmest Color (IFC, $2,196,004)
7. All is Lost (Roadside Attractions, $6,263,670)
8. Fruitvale Station (Weinstein Company, $16,101,339)
9. 20 Feet from Stardom (Radius-TWC, $4,879,100)
10. Knights of Badassdom (eOne Entertainment, $123,854)