By Paula Bernstein | Indiewire August 30, 2013 at 9:46AM
Regardless of your feelings about the recent influx of celebrities using Kickstarter to raise funds for their dream projects, you’ve got to give them credit for offering up all sorts of fun perks for backers. Even if you're not interested in the projects they propose, you may be intrigued by some of the goodies they are offering supporters. Unfortunately, it's too late to claim most of the ones below -- but not too late to book a golf date with Tom Sizemore! Check out our list of the 10 most creative celebrity Kickstarter backer rewards:
1. Golf with Tom Sizemore: For $1,000 or more, you can play a round of golf with the now-sober actor at the Lakes at El Segundo, where John Herzfeld's "Reach Me" was shot. Note that travel and accommodation are not included and you must provide your own clubs.
2. Get One of Nelly's Outfits: For $1,000 or more, you can get "the blue suit and grey shirt" that Nelly's character E-Ruption wears in Herzfeld's "Reach Me," as well as an autographed still. For $1,500 or more, you can get the Ralph Lauren jacket, jeans and Timberland boots Nelly's character wears in the movie (Note: boots are size 9.5).
3. Spike Lee's Old Sneakers: The newest, hottest Spike Lee joint is... a pair of the director's used sneakers. To support the Kickstarter campaign for his latest (untitled) project, Lee offered up various models of previously worn autographed Nikes for a pledge of $500 or more.
4. Robert De Niro's Money Clip: To raise funds for "The Canyons," director Paul Schrader seemed to have raided his closet in search of any celebrity memorabilia, including De Niro's money clip from "Taxi Driver," which he autographed for Schrader. The clip was being offered up as part of a "De Niro's Money" package for supporters willing to fork over $10,000 or more.
5. A Hug From Marina Abramovic: Talk about a good deal! For only $1, the famed artist will give you a hug (for more money, you can take part in a gaze session). And it's all for a good cause, to support the Marina Abramovic Institute. It's not surprising that more than 1300 fans signed up for this reward, although the location for the hug is still "to be determined."
6. Zach Braff Greeting: "I'll say or do pretty much whatever you want for 20 seconds. I will send you the mpeg file so you can upload to YouTube, play at parties, or send to friends. I will be your dancing monkey," Braff promised potential backers willing to part with $500 or more to support his latest project, "Wish I Was Here."
7. Zosia Mamet's Chair: For $8,000, you can get Mamet's (director-styled) set chair from season two of "Girls," signed by the cast and embroidered with "Shoshanna." Mamet's Kickstarter for a music project with her sister Clara (together, they're The Cabin Sisters) ultimately failed to reach its goal, but you gotta give her credit for trying.
8. Kristen Bell's Voicemail Message: For $500, Kristen Bell offered to record up to a 15-second outgoing voicemail message for you. "You can decide what the message will say within the bounds of good taste. We’ll also provide a few standard greetings from which you can choose. You’ll be sent this as an mp3. You’ll also receive a signed movie poster, a Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack, a digital version of the movie, the limited-edition T-shirt and a pdf of the shooting script." 100 folks took Bell up on the offer, helping the "Veronica Mars" movie project hit its goal.
9. Run DMC's Adidas: Darryl "DMC" McDaniels offered up his sneakers before Spike Lee did. Unfortunately, he got no takers for his Adidas and his comic book project didn't receive enough funding to proceed. Nice try, DMC!
10. Melissa Joan Hart on Twitter: For $300 or more, the former "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch" star offered to follow backers on Twitter for a year. Sadly, it didn't help her raise enough money to raise $2 million for "Darci's Walk of Shame." She cancelled the project once it was clear it wouldn't reach its goal. But you can still go ahead and follow the actress on Twitter and maybe she'll follow you back (for free!)