by Indiewire
January 30, 2014 5:00 PM

Vote for Project of the Week! Will It Be 'Alice,' 'Black Hat,' 'Rendezvous' or 'Inshallah'

Vote below for this week's Project of the Week.

The winning filmmaker will receive a digital distribution consultation from SnagFilms and will become a candidate for Project of the Month. That winner will be awarded with a creative consultation from the fine folks at the Tribeca Film Institute!

The four projects up for the prize:

"In Search of America" Inshallah"

"Rendezvous"

"Black Hat"

"Alice in the Attic"

Voting will end Monday, Feb. 3 at 5PM Eastern.

Note:  One vote per person. First, make sure you have cookies enabled in your browser.  Votes are confirmed by email.  After voting, please look for an email from Poll Daddy and confirm your vote.  (If it doesn't show up in your inbox, check your spam folder.  The emails often end up there.)  Indiewire nor PollDaddy use your email address after the confirmation, but if you do want to sign up for our newsletter, why DON'T you mosey on over here and do so!

• stacey | March 3, 2014 9:49 PMReply

Go Black Hat!

• Anonymous | February 3, 2014 3:27 PMReply

This looks biased and not fair way to get votes.
    Anyone can create a fake account and vote

This doesnt seem correct

In Search of america definitely was the best
    Out of the rest

• jennifer | February 3, 2014 9:56 AMReply

I can't wait to see Black Hat!!

• dw | February 2, 2014 1:58 PMReply

BLACK HAT ! (rah!) BLACK HAT (rah!) BLACK HAT (rah!) BLACK HAT (rah!) BLACK HAT!(rah!) BLACK HAT! (rah!) BLACK HAT! (rah!) BLACK HAT! (rah!) BLACK HAT! (rah!) BLACK HAT! (rah!) BLACK HAT! (rah!) B L A C K H A T !!! Rah!, Rah!, RAH! !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anna | February 2, 2014 9:49 AMReply

Am looking forward to seeing Black Hat. The story has a lot to offer to everyone.

• Jordan Greer | February 1, 2014 6:24 PMReply

Thank you to everyone who has voted for Alice In The Attic so far. We are unique in this competition, because much of our movie has been shot. We have been self funded out of our pockets up to this point and we have an awesome trailer. The whole thing has come together because an immensely passionate group of filmmakers believed in the project and independent filmmaking as a whole. We're all very proud of it. It has taken a lot of work and dedication. We appreciate all support!

• Elena | February 1, 2014 6:10 PMReply

Black Hat has to be made!!!! I have been following it for awhile now and my godson is a BIG Anime fan and would also like to see this film be made. Robbie Bryan has shown so much dedication and patience he deserves to see Black Hat finally come to life.
    This story is for everyone, anime fans and beyond...
    GO BLACK HAT!!!

• Michael Becker | February 1, 2014 5:16 PMReply

Black Hat NEEDS to be made! This is a story that has to be told. For Cassie and Vada....and all the other Vadas out there. I cannot imagine any other project that has the passion and commitment that Robbie Bryan is pouring into Black Hat. It is truly a labor of love....with an important message for all.

• Drea Castro | February 1, 2014 4:10 PMReply

Black Hat is a really impactful film with a great message! There is a huge anime following already but I believe that the themes in the film will highly impact children and their pursuits, whether or not they are different and unique, Black Hat encourages kids to keep going.

• Joey | February 1, 2014 3:08 PMReply

The film black hat has already impacted the lives of thousands of people around the world and it hasn't even been made yet! For me this movie been a beacon of hope for being able to be ashamed of being myself and not caring what the world may say about me. It reminds me when I was I being made fun of for being weird and different in high school. Anime and manga hold a special place in my heart for helping me see the world in a different lenses which has helped me accept others no matter how different they are from me. We are human being who were made to love one another not tear eachother apart.

• Julie Meyer | February 1, 2014 10:55 AMReply

I think that the Black Hat film is great and should be made as soon as possible. It tells people that you should never be ashamed to be different, and that its important to stay true to who you are. It also says you're never wrong to follow your dream.

• Tim Miller | February 1, 2014 10:52 AMReply

BLAC HAT is so right on many levels. Not only is the director/writer extremely talented but he is doing this project for all the right reasons. It addresses the problem of teen bullying which should be eradicated from our schools. Robbie has more spirit and determination than most people in the business.

• Carlo Coatanzo | February 1, 2014 12:54 AMReply

The concept seems cool and if you watch the CrowdFunding pitch at Seed&Spark, the snippets of Anime that are scheduled look great. The mix between live action and animation will be a new chapter in Robbie Bryan's directing portfolio and I'm excited to see how he weaves it all together.

• Brooke Lewis | February 1, 2014 12:23 AMReply

"Black Hat" is a project that everyone should support and want to be a part of! It is a beautiful story with a rare and creative script and has a team behind it that works with love, heart and integrity...not always the case in the film industry! :) I am a huge supporter of this crew and anything that has a positive message for young people!!! XO Brooke Lewis

• Logan England | January 31, 2014 4:35 PMReply

I am so happy to see Black Hat up in this poll. The film has a very special meaning for me, as one of the characters will be based on my daughter Cassie, who died three weeks ago. Robbie is an amazing person and when he heard about my daughter and her love of anime and cosplay, he not only named a character after her, but fashioned her look after my sweet girl and her signature cat ears headbands, which she wore everywhere, even into surgery. You can read all about Cassie here: http://livingwitheb.blogspot.com/ and see why this film means so much to me and her little brother.

• Jordan | January 30, 2014 6:53 PMReply

I think we are missing the poll...? No visible place to vote...

• Robbie | January 31, 2014 4:38 PM

It's live now!!!

• Becky | January 30, 2014 6:40 PMReply

How do you vote for a project?
    I can't see where to do it...