by Indiewire
June 14, 2013 7:12 AM

Vote for Project of the Week! Will It Be 'Demons,' 'Love,' 'Know' or 'Winning'?

Vote below for this week's Project of the Week.

The winning filmmaker will receive a digital distribution consultation from SnagFilms and will become a candidate for Project of the Month. That winner will be awarded with a creative consultation from the fine folks at the Tribeca Film Institute!

The four projects up for the prize:  "Personal Demons," "Tough Love," "Know How" and "Winning Dad."

Voting will end on Monday June 17, at 11AM Eastern.

Note:  Votes are confirmed by email.  After voting, please look for an email from Poll Daddy and confirm your vote.  (If it doesn't show up in your inbox, check your spam folder.  The emails often end up there.)  Indiewire nor PollDaddy use your email address after the confirmation, but if you do want to sign up for our newsletter, why DON'T you mosey on over here and do so!

• Nola Penn | June 16, 2013 6:24 PMReply

I voted for "Know How" as it represents a true picture of a portion of our society that needs assistance & help & support to provide the stepping stones for these young people to become a positive part of society.

• Steve Cave | June 15, 2013 7:51 PMReply

Winning Dad tells a story that anyone can relate to (relating to parents, approval, love), and tells a story that needs to be told. We need more beautiful stories out there that deal with love, sexuality. Please vote for it.

• Andy Kreyche | June 15, 2013 2:52 AMReply

I voted for "Winning Dad" for personal reasons. The key role of "Dad" is to be played by someone I knew in college to be a very good actor. His path led him to become a very thoughtful, thought-provoking and prolific writer. The only way I would expect to be disappointed by his performance is if the film isn't made. I'm investing in its Kickstarter and sitting back in anticipation of a film portraying a current issue in an authentic way.

• Anon | June 14, 2013 11:00 PMReply

Greetings,

I made the trailer for "Personal Demons," and I wanted to take a second of your time and talk about what a vote for our film means.

Let me share some statistics with you: Did you know that 6 out of every 10 audience members leave the movie theatre dissatisfied? That means that over half of the audience is starving for entertainment. This is especially tragic because it affects all of us who are hungry for better films. But sadly, the outbreak of audience starvation is mostly hidden, because we have become apathetic and our expectations have been lowered.

Please help us fight this epidemic. If you help us make Personal Demons you will be taking an important step in preventing the audience boredom. Stand up; let your voice be heard.

• Shaz Justice | June 14, 2013 8:04 PMReply

"Personal Demons" has a killer cast and will be a great film. C'mon, Tess Hunt and Josh Sussman? This is going to be great! Tell your friends!

• Nic | June 14, 2013 6:09 PMReply

I voted for Winning Dad because it shows all stages of LGBT children hoping to find acceptance for their lifestyle and those they love within their own families. It is also extremely topical as we await SCOTUS's decisions on DOMA and Prop 8. I also pledged to the Kickstarter, and hope more people will do the same.

• Carol Rizzo | June 14, 2013 3:30 PMReply

I voted for Know How, a true life dramatization of a play written by the foster care teens of The Possibility Project who have lived these experiences. No one plays their own role but the depth of their empathy and realism will shatter any illusion that our society is taking care of the kids. The film is a call to action to reform a broken and soulless system that leaves 70% of foster care teens on public assistance as the age out at 18 and rarely get off.

• Sevanne | June 15, 2013 10:53 AM

I voted for Know How. This is the story that never gets told. 30,000 kids "age out" of foster care every year. I saw an early cut the film, and even unfinished I peed in my pants laughing and wept when I was wasn't ready. These kids are amazing at telling their own story, please give them a chance to tell it!

• Janine | June 15, 2013 8:51 AM

Well said. This true story reminds me that the next generation IS our future. We can impact our future in a powerful way by hearing these incredible stories. Knowing them. I voted for " Know how."

• Linda Houghton | June 14, 2013 2:41 PMReply

I voted for" Tough Love" I think that this film give a poignent and realistic view of an area of society that is least understood and often maligned. These struggling parents are criticized and ostracized when in fact their situations need better understanding and humanizing.