by Indiewire
September 14, 2012 6:38 PM

Vote for Project of the Week! Will It Be 'Mzungu,' 'Survivor,' 'Passing' or 'Mormon'?

Vote below for this week's Project of the Week.

The winning filmmaker will receive a digital distribution consultation from SnagFilms and will become a candidate for Project of the Month. That winner will be awarded with a creative consultation from the fine folks at the Tribeca Film Institute!

The four projects up for the prize: "Mzungu," "Sole Survivor," "In Passing" and "Mormon Movie."

Voting will end on Monday September 17, at 11AM Eastern.

• sura | September 17, 2012 3:32 PMReply

I vote for mzungu

• boigge | September 17, 2012 11:12 AMReply

noooooooooooooooo. do something about the this. the polls were too close.

• Yeside Akinyemi | September 17, 2012 10:51 AMReply

Mzungu definitely wins in my book. Wouldn't it be refreshing to see a movie based on Africa, but from a completely different perspective than what is usually portrayed in the media and film industry.

• Ajnald | September 14, 2012 7:58 PMReply

Where is the fifth option to vote for none of them?

• Deb | September 17, 2012 11:28 AM

Ajnald sorry....auto correct on iPad ha.

• Deb | September 17, 2012 11:26 AM

Im with you Mary! Anjali needs to grow up! And Sole Survivor got my vote!

• Mary | September 17, 2012 12:58 AM

Its the little red X in the top right corner of your browser in Windows, or the little red circle w/ x in it, or possibly other options, depending on your browser. Also, is that necessary? I don't go to pages that don't interest me and post on them. Go look at what interests you on the web (its expansive), and why bother with negative/unsupportive comments on pages that don't? What is your intention there?

Also- for those that are voting... Sole Survivor wins in my book. Mzungu looks very good, but also just a movie w/ a good story. Sole Survivor offers a glimpse into something rare and also very hard to understand or even feel empathy for. Seeing these stories would be profound.

I cannot possibly vote for the Mormon movie because even though I don't practice anymore, I was raised Mormon. And I feel that if a person wants to explore any religion, they should go do that on their own through the faith... not in "expose" bitter former members and their biased views (any religion!).

The falling movie makes me feel a little bit like, "oh great, another stupid love movie" although I do like the idea about an encounter after jumping... love just seems like such a easy street concept. It would be more awesome, to me, if he got caught up on people he's leaving behind, or seeing the consequence of his suicide. I also feel suicide is very serious and this seems to make light of it... that good things can still happen after you've given up all hope, thats nice if he wasn't about to jump. And then I start to think that a he's probably not in a healthy place to fall in love, being that he's committing suicide... what kind of love is that? There's a lot of unhealthiness going on there. And, being single in my 30's... the last thing I want to hear is ANOTHER, "its not too late for love".... So, I had a lot to say about a 5 minute concept, right!