by Indiewire
July 14, 2014 1:00 PM

Vote for Project of the Week: Will It Be 'Valley of Sand,' 'Dying for Sunlight,' 'Inside You' or 'Nowhereland'?

Vote below for this week's Project of the Week.

The winning filmmaker will receive a digital distribution consultation from SnagFilms and will become a candidate for Project of the Month. That winner will be awarded with a creative consultation from the fine folks at the Tribeca Film Institute!

The four projects up for the prize:

'The Valley of Sand'

'Dying For Sunlight'

'Inside You'

'Nowhereland'

Voting will end Tuesday, July 16 4 at 5PM Eastern.

Note:  One vote per person. First, make sure you have cookies enabled in your browser.  Votes are confirmed by email.  After voting, please look for an email from Poll Daddy and confirm your vote.  (If it doesn't show up in your inbox, check your spam folder.  The emails often end up there.)  Indiewire nor PollDaddy use your email address after the confirmation, but if you do want to sign up for our newsletter, why DON'T you mosey on over here and do so!

• Martha Esquivel | July 16, 2014 5:08 PMReply

I know every project is important but for me and many more with loveones in the( SHU),security housing unit,having our family member in a windowless cell 221/2 to 24 hours in solitary not because they are the worst but because somebody accuse them of been part of gang prison with no investigation they put you indefinite time in the hole, And this is torture and CDCr is getting away with this plus making so much money having My love one in Solitary Confinement, please help us to be the voice of the voiceless, yes they make a mistake but every one needs another chance Not Indefinite Torture. Today I'm Not Asking to support me with your vote to People I don't know, Today I'm asking You my Friends and Family, people who care for me ,that pray with me, worry,laugh, and cry when they see me crying, please vote and like it. My brother and many more are Dying for Sunlight... God Bless You

• bato talamantez | July 16, 2014 2:09 PMReply

... this documentary is based on real life suffering deprivation and the ultimate personal courage to survive decades of cruel confinement by the PIC machine.. that has put profits before the lives of People.. our People in prison oheyo bato

• John Hill | July 16, 2014 12:56 PMReply

Funny how The Valley of Sand seems to stay one step ahead against a project with a lead actress with 50,ooo twitter followers. Must have a lot of spare time in South Colorado to figure out how to manipulate the polls.

• Eric | July 16, 2014 7:10 PM

I don't think it's "funny" that you would insult honest and hardworking artists and accuse them of lacking integrity without having any personal relationship to them. It's unkind, unfair, and wrong. Only one of them is in South Colorado and he works very hard every day. The published proof of his hard work (many beautiful photos and films) is online for all those interested to see. Some of his many supporters are in New York (big city folks), some Utah (rural folks), some California (all kinds of folks), some Mexico... Maybe the team worked harder to get the word out. Simple. Congratulations to The Valley of Sand and to all the other films that were nominated.

• Mary Bull | July 15, 2014 12:47 AMReply

Dying for Sunlight: This addresses one of the most topical and pressing issues of our times!
    The prison system must be dismantled, and this film shows you why!

• Aldo | July 14, 2014 11:49 PMReply

A must see movie!! Nowhereland!