by Clint Holloway
September 20, 2013 4:01 PM

Watch: Exclusive Music Video For 'Short Term 12' Featuring Film's Pivotal Rap Scene

Indiewire has obtained an exclusive music video for "Short Term 12." The 90-second clip features footage from the movie and is set to the rap song performed in the film by the character Marcus (Keith Stanfield), a troubled intake at the titular center for troubled youth. In the pivotal scene from the film, Marcus articulates his hurt and emotions through verses he has written. Stanfield actually wrote the song himself, which makes it one of the most unexpected and unusual dark horse contenders for a Best Original Song nomination. Check out the video below, and you can read Indiewire's review of the film here. "Short Term 12" is currently playing in select theaters.

• Tom | September 23, 2013 2:42 PMReply

Damn, I want to see this again, and I've already seen it twice, within the first week and a half! Definitely the best movie of the year IMO. I hope everyone involved gets the recognition they deserve, especially Brie Larson.

• david | September 21, 2013 4:04 PMReply

Not only will the song be nominated but Brie Larson will be nominated for best actress the movie will get a best pic nomination I'm predicting 3 Oscar nom don't sleep on 'short term 12' IRS a dark horse

• Sami | September 21, 2013 2:58 PMReply

" Theres a lot of 'f***s' in em "

Why is this censored? The unedited version is way more impactful.

• jingmei | September 21, 2013 9:07 AMReply

Awesome film + video, highly looking forward.

• Ann | September 20, 2013 9:07 PMReply

Holy Crap that was good.

• sarahthom | September 20, 2013 4:21 PMReply

• stevenstevo | September 21, 2013 12:30 AM

Can we please rid this site of spam posts like the above from dbag Sarahthom? Pls.

• sarahthom | September 20, 2013 4:11 PMReply

uptil I looked at the bank draft 4 $7852, I accept ...that...my best friend woz like realie earning money part time at there labtop.. there sisters roommate has been doing this for less than 12 months and recently paid for the loans on their cottage and bourt a gorgeous Renault 4. navigate to this website....www.fb29.ℂℴℳ