by Ramzi De Coster
November 14, 2013 3:07 PM

Watch: Steve McQueen, David O. Russell, Alfonso Cuarón & Others Discuss the Highs and Lows of Filmmaking

The Hollywood Reporter sat down with Steve McQueen, Paul Greengrass, David O. Russell, Ben Stiller, Alfonso Cuaron and Lee Daniels in a candid discussion on the long arduous path to success as a filmmaker.

READ MORE: George Clooney, Julie Delpy and Nicole Holofcener on the Highs and Lows of Screenwriting

The six directors represent some of the most dynamic and active creative voices of today with recently released and upcoming films such as Russell's "American Hustle" and Greengrass' "Captain Philips." But the filmmaking journey as The Hollywood Reporter's Directors Roundtable reveals, has never been an easy one and in addition to the directors at times falling in and out of inspiration, the process has itself sometimes been the result of mere chance and accident.

For more on The Hollywood Reporter's article click here.

Check out the video below:

• anya camilleri | November 14, 2013 8:23 PMReply

Where are the women directors on the Round Table?

• HK | November 15, 2013 8:37 AM

Your question implies that mainstream Hollywood even gives women opportunities. There are plenty of great female directors but I don't think many of them are given major films to direct.

• Paulina | November 14, 2013 6:02 PMReply

All dudes. Da fuc?

• Dan | November 14, 2013 5:15 PMReply

They could ask some more interesting questions, I wonder if Paul Thomas Anderson will ever do one of these, I know he has no film out at the moment but I'd like to see him take part.

• Michael | November 14, 2013 3:54 PMReply

I don't understand Russell's views on his films because I think Huckabees is by far his best, most interesting film.