by Clint Holloway
September 11, 2013 4:57 PM

Weinstein Co. Acquires Rights to 'Eleanor Rigby' and 'The Railway Man' at TIFF

James McAvoy and Jessica Chastain in "The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: Him and Her"

As The Toronto International Film Festival winds down, The Weinstein Company has picked up two more features, "Railway Man" and "The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: His/Hers."

Harvey and Co. secured a deal for the U.S. rights to Jonathan Teplitzky's "Railway Man" for a reported $2 million, per Deadline, The film, which had its gala premiere last week, stars Colin Firth and Nicole Kidman and follows a survivor of WWII's "Death Railway" who seeks to find those who tortured him four decades later.

"The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: His/Hers," which had its first screening on Monday, is the other title that has reportedly been snapped up by the Weinstein Co. In the film, directed by Ned Benson, James McAvoy and Jessica Chastain play two lovers whose relationship is on the decline, with the three-hour running time equally divided between both characters' perspectives, hence the unique title.

These two acquisitions come on the heels of what has already been a pretty busy festival for Weinstein, as they previously picked up John Carney's "Can a Song Save Your Life?  for $7 million as well as a promised $20 million for prints and advertising. Add to that the fact that upcoming Weinstein releases "Mandela" and "August: Osage County" premiered at the festival, and it is safe to say that Harvey's slate is categorically full at Toronto.

• catherine | September 13, 2013 3:13 AMReply

I expected to see some improvements in my love life after I contacted Ekaka and asked him to send out a spell to the Universe for me, but I didn’t expect a life-changing experience, that’s for sure! Still, though, that’s what I got! I’m not only in love, I’m going to be moving to my soon-to-be-fiance’s state next month! We probably would never even have met if it weren’t for ekakaspelltemple@yahoocom and his wonderful powers of peace and love. I wish you all the peace and love you sent me, DR Ekaka.

• JaneTaylor02 | September 11, 2013 9:11 PMReply

I'm making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do....

WWW.CNN13.COM

• kadusa27 | September 11, 2013 8:30 PMReply

Carter. I agree that Deborah`s c0mment is good, on friday I got a gorgeous Cadillac sincee geting a check for $7338 this last month and-a little over, $10,000 lass-month. with-out a doubt this is the nicest work Ive had. I began this four months/ago and almost straight away got me over $70, per/hr. I use this website,, ...............mac22.com

• tomincmh | September 11, 2013 6:59 PMReply

Fingers crossed that the Weinstein's don't try to send Eleanor Rigby back into the editing room. I hope I get to see the cut of the film that was shown at TIFF.

• Jake T | September 11, 2013 6:51 PMReply

did they also acquire LUCKY THEM someone said that but can't find info anywhere............