Ahead of its February 18th release, The Criterion Collection has released a trailer previewing their upcoming release of Wes Anderson's beloved animated tale "Fantastic Mr. Fox," and like the film itself, it's a thing of beauty.
The trailer features clips from the film, as well as new goodies put together by Anderson and Criterion that delve into the making of the film. These include audio commentary by Anderson, footage of Meryl Streep and co. voicing their characters, puppet animation tests and a storyboard animatic.
Below find a full list of the special features included on the disc:
- Digital master, approved by director Wes Anderson
- Audio commentary featuring Anderson
- Storyboard animatic for the entire film
- Footage of the actors voicing their characters, puppet construction, stop-motion setups, and the recording of the score
- Interviews with cast and crew
- Puppet animation tests
- Photo gallery of puppets, props, and sets
- Animated awards acceptance speeches
- Audio recording of author Roald Dahl reading the book on which the film is based
- Fantastic Mr. Dahl, an hour-long 2005 documentary about the author
- Gallery of Dahl’s original manuscripts
- Discussion and analysis of the film
- Stop-motion Sony robot commercial by Anderson
- PLUS: A booklet featuring a new essay by critic Erica Wagner; a 2002 article on Dahl’s Gipsy House by Anderson; White Cape, a comic book used as a prop in the film; and drawings, original paintings, and other ephemera.