by Nigel M Smith
June 17, 2011 4:51 AM

Vote on the Project You Most Want to See (There's a Prize at Stake)

Projects this week.

Every day this week, we've highlighted projects in the works seeking support from people like you. Below find the four profiled this week; you can learn more about them by clicking on the film title.

We want to know what project you most want to see. Vote below! The winner will qualify for the next round. (More on that to come.)

This Week's Projects:

"The People Demand"
Logline: A documentary showing the continued progress after the revolution in Egypt, and the demands of the people changing their country.'

"The Animals"
Logline: “The Animals” is a short film that explores obsession, nature, and the doppelgänger through dark comedy and magical realism.

"The Idiot"
Logline: The first documentary based on a novel: A picaresque study of a holy fool with a mania to do good and the world that trips him up at each step.

"In Amanda's Shoes"
Logline: “In Amanda’s Shoes” is a comedy/drama about a young professional woman trying to find success in a male-dominated industry by making partner at her law firm. Along the way, she realizes that life is one step at a time as she struggles to find balance between work, family and personal life.

• Fatiha Al Quorishi | June 19, 2011 3:26 AMReply

As-salamou-Al-eikoum, my brothers and sisters,
    I have also checked out all the film project listed here.. I wish all the projects success since trying to get a film made is long , tough journey. But I must say, at the end of the week, you put the news on: it is depressing , anti-muslim and stressful. As a sister from the Nation of Islam, it is hard so hard .. I want to watch something uplifting , with a good story that is not going to make me depressed. I would want to watch In Amandas Shoes. Good luck to all.

Shukran

• Josh | June 19, 2011 1:42 AMReply

That girl in the blue is hot! She looks Italian... she has a certain ducatiness to her.

• David D. | June 19, 2011 1:34 AMReply

I think that we should be very supportive and acknowledge all these up and coming film makers even if they have made a mistake in posting something negative out of emotion. At the end of the day, it is the film itself that will defy it's successes. There are so many variables to make or break a film these days. Every single person who votes for their freinds film will also look at all the other competitors film article and will evoke future interest to see their end result. I for one will be looking forward to “The People Demand”, “The Animals”, “The Idiot” and “In Amanda’s Shoes”. Internet traffic is so valuable. I wish all of you great success in your films and your careers.

• Ap shrickeita | June 19, 2011 1:12 AMReply

Cmon man. All the picks are cool but seriously.. I want to see a hot chick. That chick in the blue shirt , Jackie whatever. She can do cartwheels and cheer in front of me all day. Yeah baby,.She is so so hot! I check out alot of films and stuff. That girl is nice, real nice.

• J. Lyons | June 18, 2011 12:05 PMReply

I am one of the filmmakers on "The People Demand" and I can assure you that that comment wasn't from us. I wish all the best to every filmmaker on all of these projects! - J. Lyons, Denver, CO.

• Ines Rodriguez Sanchez | June 18, 2011 11:52 AMReply

A dios mio!!
    That is sad that someone had to post something so negative - el persona numero dos.
    Well- I am a girl from mexico and would love to see a film like this made.
    In my country, girls have a hard time obtaining professional success in their field . Tambien, es dificial por mujeres to receive help and assistance from family. Sorry for the bad spanenglish.
    I try.
    Mucha Suerte.

• Melissa Ewing | June 18, 2011 11:28 AMReply

Got excited in this discussion....LOL

www.peachtreeand5th.com

• Melissa Ewing | June 18, 2011 11:20 AMReply

On behalf of Peachtree and 5th, I want to thank everyone in the US and Canada who has shown support for "In Amanda's Shoes" by voting for our project! Please note that comment No. 3 and this one are the only ones authorized on behalf of Peachtree and 5th and the only ones we'll be posting here. We are very proud of our film, and in fact the previous hater's negativity directed towards a female-driven film (while using our name!) are a perfect example of why our film needs to be seen. We wish them well in their projects, and we hope our film changes their opinion. We all have a common goal of wanting to support independent filmmaking.

Sincerely,
    Melissa Ewing and Edwin Navas
    Peachtree and 5th
    www.peachtree.com

• Jedi Master | June 18, 2011 11:10 AMReply

Sorry-- i am just so shocked with # 2 comment. I agree with Sasha.

Here is my response.

OMG.. What a horrible thing to say. I find the film “The Promotion” a fantastic film endeavor. Obviously, who ever had the gaul to make a nasty comment and steal someones name is probably green with envy.
    There is a thing called Karma. Love more friend , love more and evolve.

Sasha

• Sasha | June 18, 2011 11:07 AMReply

OMG.. What a horrible thing to say. I find film "The Promotion" as a fantastic film endeavor. Obviously, whomever had the gaul to make a nasty comment and steal someones name is probably green with envy.
    There is a thing called Karma. Love more friend , love more and evolve.

Sasha

• edwin navas jr | June 18, 2011 10:34 AMReply

I did not write that last comment... prob someone from the other 3 films. We don't appreciate the sarcasm about our project. That is unprofessional and rude towards all film makers. Work on your promotion and networking in the USA and CANADA. No personal Attacks please. Who ever used my name please grow up.

Edwin Navas from Peachtreeand5th.com

• Edwin Navas | June 18, 2011 6:40 AMReply

Looks like somebody's gaming the system... because there is no way something as trite and banal as "a young professional woman trying to find success in a male-dominated industry" has over 80% of the vote.

• Silent Rocco | June 18, 2011 6:22 AMReply