- Dates: April 4 - April 14, 2013
- Website: http://diff2013.dallasfilm.org/
Dallas International Film Festival
The Dallas Film Society partnered with the American Film Institute in 2006 to create the AFI DALLAS International Film Festival, now known as The Dallas International Film Festival, one of the fastest growing film festivals in the world. Named by MovieMaker Magazine as one of the “25 Festivals Worth the Entry Fee,” DIFF has earned its reputation as the Filmmaker’s Festival for its stellar hospitality and dedication to the art.
Since 2006, The Dallas Film Society has featured the finest in American and international cinema through its festival and year round programming:
- More than 10,000 submissions
- 1,163 films from more than 55 countries
- 62 world premieres, 17 U.S. premieres
- 562 features, 616 shorts
- More than 1,000 filmmakers in attendance
- More than $430,000 in awards presented
In addition to presenting independent film, The Festival presents award-winning films and filmmakers to North Texans, including many Academy Award nominees and winners.