- Dates: January 23 - February 3, 2013
- Website: www.filmfestivalrotterdam.com/en
- The festival program consists of four main sections that may all comprise feature films, short films and art installations: Bright Future, the Tiger Awards Competitions, Spectrum and Signals.
- IFFR promotes training and talent development within its Rotterdam Lab for young film producers and the IFFR Trainee Project for Young Film Critics.
- Seventeen people attended the opening night of the first Film International Rotterdam on June 28, 1972. For the 1973 edition, the festival moved its dates to February and attracted over 7,000 visitors.
International Film Festival Rotterdam
Now in its 39th year, The Netherlands' International Film Festival Rotterdam has emerged as a crucial festival for bold international cinema. While American industry are in Park City for Sundance, Rotterdam serves up its annual roster of indie and innovative films from around the world. Concurrent is the respected CineMart co-production market for new work. Held on the cusp of the annual Berlinale, which follows about a week later, IFFR also sends a roster of films to that festival each year. Beyond the CineMart that aims to match financiers with producers, the Hubert Bals Fund has become a crucial program to funnel money for filmmaking from developing nations.Though not as old as Cannes or Berlin, Rotterdam quickly took its place as one of the larger and most significant film festivals in Europe, arguably in the league of the above named fests as well as Venice and Locarno. Rotterdam is especially known for championing Asian cinema and experimental work, and eschews other festival's focus on celebrity-studded premieres.