1. Review: 'True Detective' Season 2 Episode 7 'Black Maps and Motel Rooms' Makes Up A Lot of Ground
2. Arthouse Audit: Controversy Reigns as 'End of the Tour' Tops Limited Newbies and Weinstein Dumps Jeunet's Latest
3. Ridley Scott Will Reportedly Start Shooting 'Prometheus 2' In January 2016
4. ‘Straight Outta Compton’ May Be F. Gary Gray's Best. So What’s Your Opening Box Office Prediction?
5. Top 10 Takeaways: 'Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation' Opens Strong, But Summer 2015 Has Peaked
1. The 25 Best Horror Films Of The 21st Century So Far
2. Eddie Redmayne & Alicia Vikander Feature In Beautiful First Posters For Transgender Drama ‘The Danish Girl’
3. The 25 Best Action Movies Of The 21st Century So Far
4. Little White Lies Completes Its List of 100 Great Movies By Female Directors
5. Watch: Ben Stiller Stars In The First Teaser Trailer For ‘Zoolander 2’
1. 10 Essential B-Movies From the AIP Library
2. Here's What These Filmmakers Wish They Knew Before They Made Their Films
3. 'Sense8' Season 2: Why We're Still Waiting To Hear Good News from Netflix
4. Netflix and the Future: The Two Things Changing Your Favorite Streaming Platform
5. 2016 Oscar Predictions: Best Picture
Joshua Oppenheimer on 'The Look of Silence' - TOH! Exclusive
"Film was a digital sandwich between analog slices of bread."
"Everything we do in HD is an effort to recreate the look of film."
"It's such an extraordinary medium. It's so beautiful, it feels different."
Digital technology comes between a loving couple in "Amends," which,…
Co-directed by David T. Ketterer and Connor Lynch, the short film "Changeove…
The film vs. digital debate continues, even though advocates for both sides…
The award-winning cinematographer talks about his two latest very different…
We can always count on Martin Scorsese to support the art of film -- and the…
At 77, British filmmaker and Palme d'Or winner Ken Loach didn't disappoint…
Thanks to a successful crowd funding campaign on Indiegogo, the independentl…
The smartphone, particularly Apple's iPhone, is revolutionizing moving-image…
Here's what cinematographers with films at Sundance 2014 think of shooting…
Studios continue to eliminate 35 MM prints and small theaters around the…
The 21st century saw the movie fundamentally change - how it was shown,…
2013 has been a good year for indie film, but producer Ted Hope has come up…
In a guest post, Andrei Severny imagines the future of cinema -- it's a…
As theaters across the country -- from big cities to small towns -- are bein…
Who says independent theaters are dying?
Last week, Boston's Brattle…
You've heard it plenty of times by now: cinema, as we have come to know…
Film historian David Bordwell, who with his wife Kristin Thompson has writte…
Watch: All of Sterling Archer's Literary References: A Video Essay
Watch: Christopher Nolan Worships the Image
Weinstein Co. and Radius Figure Out Hybrid Amazon Release Plan for Fassbender's 'Macbeth'
Watch: Oscar Isaac Balances Politics And Justice In New Trailer For David Simon's 'Show Me A Hero'
What I Did This Weekend: Dorothy Arzner’s Women’s Films About Women
'True Detective' Podcast: Season 2, Episode 7 'Black Maps And Motel Rooms' Plus Watch Finale Preview
13 Films To See In August
Trailer Watch: Anne Hathaway is the Boss in Nancy Meyers' 'The Intern'
Watch: Salma Hayek on Why She's Passionate About ‘Kahlil Gibran’s The Prophet’ (Exclusive Video Interview)
Marielle Heller on the Road to 'The Diary of a Teenage Girl'
#BlackLivesMatter Short Films for the S&A Contest Are Starting to Come In. Watch the First 5 Now!
More Blog Network
Less Blog Network
Terms of Service
© 2015 Indiewire.com