1. Christopher Nolan and Hoyte van Hoytema to Reunite for WWII Epic 'Dunkirk'
2. "If You Know The True Canon, You Know That I Didn’t Change Superman": Zack Snyder Talks 'Man Of Steel'
3. Watch: 'A Brief History Of Swearing In Movies' In Less Than 3 Minutes
4. 'Rams' Director Grímur Hákonarson on Icelandic Pastoral Life and Casting the Right Sheep
5. Listen: 54-Minute Talk With Joel And Ethan Coen & Noah Baumbach About Filmmaking, Opening Shots, And More
1. James Franco Will Direct Film Based on Aziah "Zola" Wells' 148-Tweet Narrative That Went Viral
2. The 20 Best Films Of 2015
3. How Quentin Tarantino & Robert Rodriguez Made Josh Brolin's 'No Country For Old Men' Audition Tape
4. The 25 Best Horror Films Of The 21st Century So Far
5. 'MacGyver' Movie Reboot And New TV Series Pilot On The Way
2. Beware, Horror Fans: 'The Witch' Has Just Been Named an Official 'Satanic Experience'
3. 2016 Oscar Predictions: Best Picture
4. Review: 'The Expanse' Season 1 Has Totally Changed the Game for Sci-Fi on TV
5. The Entire Planet is Watching 'The X-Files' Revival, and That's Terrible News for TV
Joshua Oppenheimer on 'The Look of Silence' - TOH! Exclusive
"Film was a digital sandwich between analog slices of bread."
"Everything we do in HD is an effort to recreate the look of film."
"It's such an extraordinary medium. It's so beautiful, it feels different."
Digital technology comes between a loving couple in "Amends," which,…
Co-directed by David T. Ketterer and Connor Lynch, the short film "Changeove…
The film vs. digital debate continues, even though advocates for both sides…
The award-winning cinematographer talks about his two latest very different…
We can always count on Martin Scorsese to support the art of film -- and the…
At 77, British filmmaker and Palme d'Or winner Ken Loach didn't disappoint…
Thanks to a successful crowd funding campaign on Indiegogo, the independentl…
The smartphone, particularly Apple's iPhone, is revolutionizing moving-image…
Here's what cinematographers with films at Sundance 2014 think of shooting…
Studios continue to eliminate 35mm prints and small theaters around the…
The 21st century saw the movie fundamentally change - how it was shown,…
2013 has been a good year for indie film, but producer Ted Hope has come up…
In a guest post, Andrei Severny imagines the future of cinema -- it's a…
As theaters across the country -- from big cities to small towns -- are bein…
Who says independent theaters are dying?
Last week, Boston's Brattle…
You've heard it plenty of times by now: cinema, as we have come to know…
Film historian David Bordwell, who with his wife Kristin Thompson has writte…
Watch: All of Sterling Archer's Literary References: A Video Essay
WATCH The Annie Awards Here - Live at 7pm PST (10pm EST)
WATCH: The 'Theater of Unease' in Peter Weir's Hypnotic 'The Last Wave'
Watch: 19-Minute Interview With Todd Haynes About Making 'Carol,' David Bowie, And Much More
'Rams' Director Grímur Hákonarson on Icelandic Pastoral Life and Casting the Right Sheep
Watch: 'A Brief History Of Swearing In Movies' In Less Than 3 Minutes
Urban Movie Channel Announces 6 New Streaming Premieres in Honor of Black History Month
Sleeper of the Week: 'Rams'
Listen: 54-Minute Talk With Joel And Ethan Coen & Noah Baumbach About Filmmaking, Opening Shots, And More
Watch: 'In Bruges' Is a Morality Play Plus Carnage
Weekly Update for February 5: Women Centric, Directed and Written Films Playing Near You
More Blog Network
Less Blog Network
Terms of Service
© 2016 Indiewire.com