1. Venice Review: Tom McCarthy's 'Spotlight' With Michael Keaton, Rachel McAdams, Mark Ruffalo, Liev Schreiber & Stanley Tucci
2. The 11 Best Modern Westerns
3. Watch: Amazing First Trailer For Yorgos Lanthimos' 'The Lobster' With Colin Farrell & Rachel Weisz
4. Cinematographer Hoyte van Hoytema Is Not Shooting 'Wonder Woman'
5. 'Straight Outta Compton' Has Become the Highest-Grossing Music Biopic Ever. What's the Secret to Its Success?
1. Here's Idris Elba's Response to Commentary That He's "Too Street" to Play James Bond
2. Cary Fukunaga Says He "Wasn't Involved" With 'True Detective' Season 2, Explains His Departure From 'It'
3. Review: Netflix's 'Narcos' Starring Wagner Moura And Boyd Holbrook
4. The 25 Best Horror Films Of The 21st Century So Far
5. Joaquin Phoenix Says He Doesn’t Think Making A Blockbuster Would Be "Fulfilling," Calls Chris Pine "F*cking Genius"
1. The 11 Grossest Movies Ever
2. 7 New Netflix Shows to Binge Watch in September 2015 (And the Best Episodes of Each)
3. Review: 'Narcos' Season 1 Had Promise, But Netflix Could Have Learned From 'Entourage'
4. Venice Review: Thrilling 'Everest' is Guaranteed to Enhance Mountain Climbing Fears
5. 2016 Oscar Predictions: Best Picture
Joshua Oppenheimer on 'The Look of Silence' - TOH! Exclusive
"Film was a digital sandwich between analog slices of bread."
"Everything we do in HD is an effort to recreate the look of film."
"It's such an extraordinary medium. It's so beautiful, it feels different."
Digital technology comes between a loving couple in "Amends," which,…
Co-directed by David T. Ketterer and Connor Lynch, the short film "Changeove…
The film vs. digital debate continues, even though advocates for both sides…
The award-winning cinematographer talks about his two latest very different…
We can always count on Martin Scorsese to support the art of film -- and the…
At 77, British filmmaker and Palme d'Or winner Ken Loach didn't disappoint…
Thanks to a successful crowd funding campaign on Indiegogo, the independentl…
The smartphone, particularly Apple's iPhone, is revolutionizing moving-image…
Here's what cinematographers with films at Sundance 2014 think of shooting…
Studios continue to eliminate 35 MM prints and small theaters around the…
The 21st century saw the movie fundamentally change - how it was shown,…
2013 has been a good year for indie film, but producer Ted Hope has come up…
In a guest post, Andrei Severny imagines the future of cinema -- it's a…
As theaters across the country -- from big cities to small towns -- are bein…
Who says independent theaters are dying?
Last week, Boston's Brattle…
You've heard it plenty of times by now: cinema, as we have come to know…
Film historian David Bordwell, who with his wife Kristin Thompson has writte…
Watch: All of Sterling Archer's Literary References: A Video Essay
Watch: Jack Black Gets Into Monstrous Trouble In New Trailer For 'Goosebumps'
Review: Doc 'The Black Panthers: The Vanguard Of The Revolution' A Compelling And Timely Exploration Of The Party
A Death Row Records Film Is Being Shopped as a 'Straight Outta Compton' Sequel
Venice: 4 Clips From Frederick Wiseman's New Documentary 'In Jackson Heights'
From Venice to Telluride, Buyers Get Busy Before Toronto
Filmmaker/Photographer Khalik Allah's Stark 'Field Niggas' Gets a Limited Theatrical Run
Review: Deeply Harrowing And Striking Mountain Climbing Documentary 'Meru'
Palm Springs Fest Taps David Ansen as Lead Programmer
"Your Prayers Have Been Answered" - 'Black Jesus' Has Been Resurrected ... Again
Feast Your Eyes On Over 90 Images Of Ralph McQuarrie's 'Star Wars' Concept Art
More Blog Network
Less Blog Network
Terms of Service
© 2015 Indiewire.com