1. 8 Shows Scientifically Proven to Make You a Better Person
2. No One Believed Sebastian Schipper Could Make 'Victoria' in One Take
3. It Looks Like F. Gary Gray Will Direct the Next 'Fast & Furious' Movie
4. Remembering Chantal Akerman: 8 Films Now Streaming Online
5. The Essentials: The 10 Best Kate Winslet Performances
1. Dear Julianna Margulies: Please Stop Gaslighting 'Good Wife' Fans
2. Robert De Niro Says Martin Scorsese Experimenting With 'Benjamin Button' Technology For 'The Irishman'
3. The 25 Best Horror Films Of The 21st Century So Far
4. Watch: Casey Affleck, Woody Harrelson & Kate Winslet Star in The First Trailer For John Hillcoat’s ‘Triple 9’
5. NYFF Review: Steven Spielberg’s ‘Bridge Of Spies’ Starring Tom Hanks, Mark Rylance And Amy Ryan
1. Why David Cronenberg Hates The Weinstein Company and Rejected 'True Detective' Season 2
2. NYFF: Michael Fassbender Resurrects the Real 'Steve Jobs' and Mocks Ashton Kutcher
3. Attention, Filmmakers: Get Your Film Degree With Professor David Lynch
4. NYFF Review: 'Bridge of Spies' Illustrates Steven Spielberg's Unique Skill
5. 2016 Oscar Predictions: Best Picture
Joshua Oppenheimer on 'The Look of Silence' - TOH! Exclusive
"Film was a digital sandwich between analog slices of bread."
"Everything we do in HD is an effort to recreate the look of film."
"It's such an extraordinary medium. It's so beautiful, it feels different."
Digital technology comes between a loving couple in "Amends," which,…
Co-directed by David T. Ketterer and Connor Lynch, the short film "Changeove…
The film vs. digital debate continues, even though advocates for both sides…
The award-winning cinematographer talks about his two latest very different…
We can always count on Martin Scorsese to support the art of film -- and the…
At 77, British filmmaker and Palme d'Or winner Ken Loach didn't disappoint…
Thanks to a successful crowd funding campaign on Indiegogo, the independentl…
The smartphone, particularly Apple's iPhone, is revolutionizing moving-image…
Here's what cinematographers with films at Sundance 2014 think of shooting…
Studios continue to eliminate 35 MM prints and small theaters around the…
The 21st century saw the movie fundamentally change - how it was shown,…
2013 has been a good year for indie film, but producer Ted Hope has come up…
In a guest post, Andrei Severny imagines the future of cinema -- it's a…
As theaters across the country -- from big cities to small towns -- are bein…
Who says independent theaters are dying?
Last week, Boston's Brattle…
You've heard it plenty of times by now: cinema, as we have come to know…
Film historian David Bordwell, who with his wife Kristin Thompson has writte…
Watch: All of Sterling Archer's Literary References: A Video Essay
Sanaa Lathan, Gina Prince Bythewood Reunite for Fox Event Series on Aftermath of Police Shooting
Review: Takashi Miike's 'Yakuza Apocalypse' Is Bone Crunchingly, Bloodily Brilliant
Sundance-Winning Documentary - (T)ERROR - Opens Tomorrow (Details)
Review: Berlin Winner 'Victoria' Is A Visceral, Exhilarating, And Dynamic One-Shot Wonder
Scripted Feature Based on the lives of the Subjects of Liz Garbus' 'Girlhood' in the Works
LFF 2015 Women Directors: Meet Sara Blecher - 'Ayanda'
Jared Leto Got Joker Advice From Grant Morrison, Stayed Ridiculously In Character On Set Of 'Suicide Squad'
This Week In Home Video: 'Magic Mike XXL,' 'Me and Earl and the Dying Girl,' and More
Exclusive: Chloe Moretz Featurette For 'Dark Places' Plus Win Prize Pack Including Signed Poster, Book, And More
Watch Blair Underwood's Return to 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' in a New Clip
More Blog Network
Less Blog Network
Terms of Service
© 2015 Indiewire.com